• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Frenzied Berzerker

Anditch

First Post
I need a small party dilemma clearing up. One of the party members has a frenzied Bezerker. When a combat situation starts a berzerker has to work out who is friend and foe. He then attacks the enemy. If that foe then teleports away and he cannot see hear or smell him would he (A) go looking for foe to the last known position and swing wildly on the off chance he connects knowing enemy is not dead but gone somewhere
(B) Stand around and do nothing
(C) Try and come out of frenzy fail then attack his friends even though he is getting peppered by an invisible target.
(D) other. please explain a different tactic pls

Could people answer A B C or D please

Nebten

First Post
I don't know where the invisible target comes into play with (C), but otherwise that is your answer. This is why at the beginning of my campaigns, this PrC is banned and nobody has argued.

I would impress upon the player that his character should buy a Wand of Calm Emotions so that somebody else can use it so that berserker doesn't accidently crit and kill a fellow party member.

Also, this should be moved to the "D&D Legacy" forum

Kingreaper

Adventurer
D) He's getting peppered by the invisible target, right? So, he's going to go "bolt come from that way" and charge at where the bolt came from.

It's what I'd do if I was a frenzied berserker.

Of course, if the invisible target had any sense, he wouldn't be shooting the berserker, he'd be waiting for the berserker to kill his friends, or become exhausted.

Last edited:

malcolypse

First Post
i played a frenzied bererker once in a game. we were on our way to take out a dragon, i was in the lead when a trap shot me with a crossbow bolt that managed to do one point of damage. before i had picked up my d20 to save, three of the four other players declared that they were hitting me for subdual damage, "to knock me out before i got angry and killed them all." I made my saves for the dart, the hits they scored, and the one the gm called for because of their betrayal.

the point is, this class is great for killing everything, but your party will fear you more than they'll appreciate you.

Remove ads