Friends (TV Show)

Davies

Legend
It's got the hall marks of geekdom, cosplay check, fan fiction check, collectables check, games check, all its missing is novels and comic books. I'm a genius, how isn't there a Friends comic book.
<does research> I think that the last comic book series based on a live action comedic property* would be the Saved by the Bell comics produced by Harvey in 1992-3. The heyday of this would have been ten-to-fifteen years before this, when there were adaptations of Welcome Back Kotter and Happy Days being published. The world, for better or worse, has moved on.

* That had no blatant science fiction/fantasy elements, such as the Bill and Ted comics do.

<does research> I think that the last comic book series based on a live action comedic property* would be the Saved by the Bell comics produced by Harvey in 1992-3. The heyday of this would have been ten-to-fifteen years before this, when there were adaptations of Welcome Back Kotter and Happy Days being published. The world, for better or worse, has moved on.

* That had no blatant science fiction/fantasy elements, such as the Bill and Ted comics do.

I think it's got a good chance of coming back thanks the surging popularity of Manga and it's Korean counterpart. The intersection of Manga influence and Friends popularity = huge opportunity.

Remove ads