• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Frog God Games] Slumbering Tsar: The Tower of Weeping Sores Released

Greg V

First Post
So anyway, for all of you not in the know, Slumbering Tsar: Temple-City of Orcus, Part 1 - The Tower of Weeping Sores is now available for sale at talesofthefroggod.com. I presume it will be available for sale at Paizo and at DTRPG soon, as well (I'm guessing maybe tomorrow).

So what's the big deal, you say? Well, here's the big deal.
While The Tower of Weeping Sores is the 4th part of the overall Slumbering Tsar Saga, unlike the first three parts which saw publication a couple years ago in a 3.5 format as Slumbering Tsar: The Desolation before being recently updated to PF RPG, Temple-City of Orcus has never been published before. That's right. Though this thing was written 6 years ago along with the rest of it, this is the first time that anyone outside of myself, my playtesters, and the guys at Necromancer Games has ever seen a glimpse of the great Temple-City of Tsar itself.

So if you've read through or played through the adventures that comprise The Desolation
and got to the part at the end with the dragon guardian
, now you finally get to see what happens next rather than just being dangled in frustrating limbo for years.

Part 1 - The Tower of Weeping Sores covers only the actual various gates and walls of the city, including the gate fortress Kirash Durgaut and the dreaded Tower of Weeping Sores perched atop its battlements, but it also serves as the stepping stone for your first glimpse of what lies beyond--which includes the entire city map.
There are 4 more parts to the Temple-City portion of the saga that then explore the ruins of Tsar itself as they ascend through the various terraces that the city was built upon up to the foundations of the great Citadel of Orcus (to be explored in the final 5 parts of Slumbering Tsar: The Hidden Citadel).

So get it now and finally see the unseen, what lies beyond the Tar Pits of Malerix through the obscuring haze that before could only be seen as the vaguest suggestion of something terrible. That "something" is the city of Tsar.
To further whet your appetite, Part 2 - The Lower City should be out in just a couple weeks to allow you to begin to explore the city within the walls as well. But at 37,000 words (a little longer than a typical Paizo AP adventure), the Tower of Weeping Sores ought to keep you occupied for a bit.

Enjoy!

Greg V

First Post
:)

Kudos for bringing back
Siege Undead
:)

Regards,
Ruemere

My pleasure. I think the Creature Collections had a wealth of monsters that have not gotten enough love. I used a lot of creatures from said volumes in The Slumbering Tsar Saga as a result.

ruemere

Adventurer
Actually, as my players are about to reach Hollowfaust, this is going to be particularly useful (the said creatures were mentioned in Hollowfaust citybook, too).

Regards,
Ruemere

Dark Mistress

First Post
Yeah i find reviewing adventures honestly really flipping hard. I worry about giving away to much and spoiling the adventure or not giving away enough to let people know what it is really like. This last review I don't think I went far enough to really give people a feel for it. But I couldn't really think of anything else to add that wouldn't spoil parts of it. So hopefully people find the review helpful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads