From the Diary of Doorag Marzipan

cthulhu42

Explorer
In 2004 my rpg group wrapped up a pretty epic campaign that took us from level 1 to level 20 over the course of a couple of years. Until that time I'd been the only DM in our group to run a long campaign that actually reached a real conclusion. Then one of my players stepped up, and it turned out that she was a spectacular DM. Imaginative, fair, and fearless, she ran a truly epic, plane spanning adventure, and I was able, for the only time, to see a character all the way to the end. It was great. She offered us bonus xp if we contributed to the campaign in some way, such as art or a character diary. Since I was envisioning playing a crafting wizard i knew I'd need all the extra xp I could get, so I started a diary for my character, Doorag Marzipan. 325 pages later it was finished. I posted it as I was writing it on another board, inspired by some other great story hours. But that board is gone now. Anyway, I recently stumbled upon it again and gave it a reread. It was super fun to remember all the ups and downs of the campaign, and I thought, what the heck, I'll post in on the enworld boards, on the off chance that somebody might read it. I should mention that the writing in the first ten to twenty pages is pretty sparse. At the time I really didn't know if I was going to see the project through, so they were just jotted notes in a journal. But as things progressed I began to find Doorag's voice a little more, and began to broaden the scope of the story telling. This was a 3.5 game. The world was homebrew, although she used Greyhawk's calendar and a larege part of it's deity pantheon.

Remove ads