Frozen Oceans?

Heathen72

Explorer
If it's a fantasy world, then decide what looks coolest and go with it. You say snap frozen - I am guessing magic - so have it be mountainous waves. Or if you prefer, have them be all flat.

You don't have to apply real world physics to a world with magic, so go with what is coolest.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Elementals are a reasonably good fantasy reason to have plenty of varied terrain on ice. They want their environment to be interesting, with valleys and plains and castle-topped mountains, so they command it to take those forms.

They don't even have to be around anymore if you don't want them there - maybe they died out or moved on centuries ago, but the effects of their world-shaping remain in force.

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
If it's a fantasy world, then decide what looks coolest and go with it. You say snap frozen - I am guessing magic - so have it be mountainous waves. Or if you prefer, have them be all flat.

You don't have to apply real world physics to a world with magic, so go with what is coolest.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this opinion. Plus, I like the idea of a desolate, frozen wasteland, so I'd GIT 'ER DONE regardless of how implausible it might be in real life. To me, that real life implausibility makes it even more exciting and mysterious as a fantasy setting.

Aeolius

Adventurer
What if the frozen waves were actually gargantuan water elementals? One cult is dedicated to maintaining their indefinite imprisonment, while another seeks to free the "frozen gods".

Remove ads