• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fruitcake is the Lamas Bread of our world

tonym

First Post
I like fruitcake. And I was sitting here thinking about fruitcake because I don't have any fruitcake when something occured to me. Fruitcake is very filling. And then something else occured to me. Fruitcake doesn't mold. And then a third thing occured to me. Fruitcake is the modern-day lamas bread! (...the elf-bread from Lord of the Rings.)

Think about it: fruitcake is extremely filling (it sits in your stomache like a lump of clay), it lasts forever in a backpack or kitchen cabinet, and nearly everybody dislikes its taste. Lamas bread!

Tony M

Prince Atom

Explorer
Sounds like Pratchett's dwarf bread to me. Can you use it as a weapon? You could probably get dwarf bread as a special material when making weapons, although it'll only do Bludgeoning damage.

TWK

tonym

First Post
The Whiner Knight said:
Sounds like Pratchett's dwarf bread to me...

I wouldn't know. I refuse to read those books. There's too darn many of them in the series.

Tolkein. *sigh* Now that guy knew when to stop cramming your bookshelf full of books.

Tony M

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
MrFilthyIke said:
So it's a fruitcake filled delerium that fuels Zogonia and Mt Zogon, eh? :)
Of course that would explain the talking mushroom. In my opinion of the funniest comic around.

drothgery

First Post
tonym said:
I wouldn't know. I refuse to read those books. There's too darn many of them in the series.

The Discworld books are not one series. They're four (Death, Witches, Night Watch, and Rincewind) and some standalones. And almost every book largely stands on it's own; it's not like pterry leaves them off hanging on cliffhangers.

tonym

First Post
Aeson said:
Aluminum can build up in your brain?

Oh yeh. Aluminum can totally accumulate in your brain, and seems to contribute to Alzheimers Disease and other more disturbing neurological problems, like watching the O'Reilly Factor.

Chekkit out: http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1585/is_n12_v15/ai_8991562

Aeson said:
Is that why the Tin-man needed a new one?

It's not nice making fun of the Tin-man's handicap.

It is my dream that one day, perhaps Thursday or a week from Sunday, people of all heights and eye colors will no longer persecute the differently-brained animated constructs of our imaginations.

Tony M

tonym

First Post
drothgery said:
The Discworld books are not one series. They're four (Death, Witches, Night Watch, and Rincewind) and some standalones. And almost every book largely stands on it's own; it's not like pterry leaves them off hanging on cliffhangers.

That's odd. I must be confusing him with Danielle Steele.

Tony M

Remove ads