• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

full bab and good will saves for a prc?

heymejack

First Post
are these two things contradictory? or does there exist a prc that gets both full bab and will?

if not, more specifically, i have a ranger/fighter/outrider and need to insert some good will saves. a couple levels of something that gets will would be my best bet, but i don't want to lose too much attack power. I already have a feat that lets me use my constitution for my will saves. is there anything that matches up, thematically? he's a mounted archer/ride-by charger, good hunter/tracker, hates demons (favored enemy), comes from a tribal culture but . any ideas? again, it'd be nice if the fluff matches up.

you know what i should do though. cavalier. only problem is, the fluff doesn't match up at all, nor does my alignment. he's cg.

help?

heymejack

First Post
deepwarden sounds like it would match up with my guy's MO. he's no dwarf though. much too woodsy.

*edit. oops, deepwarden is a dwarf only class too. sad times.

Last edited:

Andion Isurand

First Post
Witch Slayer from ToM is a nice 5 lvl PrC with d8 HD, full BAB, good fort and will... and minimal requirements.

They can smite and detect possessed/possessing creatures.

Last edited:

Khazan

First Post
There's a feat (?) that lets a character emulate the dwarven race in order to gain a class normally restricted to dwarves... but I forget what it is. It is in Races of Stone I assume.

Persiflage

First Post
There's Anointed Knight from the Book of Exalted Deeds, which requires the Ancestral Relic feat and might be a bit goody two-shoes for your concept.

Similarly, Defender of Sealtiel from the same book has full BAB and good Will but the feat requirements are murderous: Diehard, Endurance, Servant of the Heavens.

Finally from BoED, Sword of Righteousness... but once again, hideous requirements.

Of course, Hexblade is a non-PrC class that comes with full BAB and good Will but it might not fit your concept.

Basically, there are several PrC's that give good Will and full BAB I can't see you qualifying for them. If you don't mind dropping a single point of BAB, then dipping to Swordsage could net you some useful class abilities whilst upping your Will save, but then again there are tons of PrC's with good Will and medium BAB. Given your existing build, I suspect you'll have to put up with losing one BAB point: the trick will be to get the best possible trade-off for doing that.

heymejack

First Post
yeah, i was thinking thats what would end up happening, but it was worth a shot.

well what about the ones with med bab and will? anything that goes with the hunter/tracker/mounted guy theme?

Persiflage

First Post
Vigilante (Completee Adventurer) nets you the good Will save and fits thematically, but has some fairly punishing skill requirements.

If you're prepared to take the 1-point BAB loss, there are plenty of options. Taking a single level in Dragon Shaman (PHB2) might not be an awful idea: it's not a great fit but it doesn't go against your character's flavour either.

Duskblade is another option for a non-PrC dip; you pick up a handful of arcane doohickeys you can cast in light armour and you get your point of BAB. Not only that, but if you take Resist Energy or Lesser Deflect as one of your 1st-level spells, you can burn a feat on Combat Casting and get into Abjurant Champion: a PrC that gets you yet another good Will save with full BAB.

If you're an elf or half-elf you could dip Bladesinger after Duskblade: another good Will save, more full BAB, casting advancement and an AC bonus equal to Int.

I guess your good options depend on stats and race... To hell with the fluff text, I say; a class is just a bundle of abilities, it's what you do with them that makes your character what it is!

Last edited:

Torq

First Post
Abjurant Champion is a pretty solid PrC and might be worth a one level dip into Duskblade as mentioned above.

Swift casting extended Abjuration spells? Yes please.

Remove ads