• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] War Master: Faerun

Chauzu

First Post
1381, The Year of the Thunder Horn,

The kingdoms of Faerun lie besieged by evil; the borders of the north and south are wasted by hordes of the northern orcs and from the expanding empire of Veldorn. Both forces of monsters raised enormous armies beneath their dark banners the likes of which no man has ever seen. This combined army has thus been called the Chaos Army.

Swallowed by the north is the Ride, Icewind Dale, the Moonsea, the Dalelands, and the Sword Coast North. In the south, Durpar, Estagund, Luiren, and Dambrath are invaded and fallen.

An alliance is formed by the besieged nations to defend themselves in aid against the growing opposition. Cormyr, Damara, the Silver Marches, Sembia, Mulhorand, Aglarond, and Evereska make the First Alliance.

The fate of this Alliance lies in the hands of its noble lords. The kingdoms’ banners are once more unfurled for battle. The ranks of the Alliance stand defiant before the tide of evil…

…Yet an even greater evil is closer to home than the Alliance perceives.

You, your allies, and your opponent must now determine the survival – or destruction – of Faerun’s mighty kingdoms!

------------------------------

Welcome to the War Master: Faerun game!

In this game, you will be in control of either the Alliance (Good) or the Chaos Army (Evil). As battles are won and lost between the two powers, progression can change and history can be worked in a new path. If the Alliance can win the war, they can regain their lands. If the Chaos Army becomes the victor, then Faerun shall fall into the grip of savages and beasts.

I am looking for 6-8 players at the moment. Half will be playing the forces of good, while the other half will be playing the forces of evil. I will be taking the roll of all other nations at the moment. It is up to your teamwork and skills at commanding your troops whether your side will win or lose. Discuss tactics, make plans, and form espionage… but I would suggest keeping such talks secret from the opposing players by email or private messaging.

Rules are pretty simple. Here's the short rules.

That’s pretty much it. Everything else follows along similar to basic D&D combat. You don’t have to worry about Saving Throws or Base Attack Bonuses. Since this is sort of a beta version, changes or additions to the rules may (and probably will) be made.

We will start out with me deciding when and where the battles will be, but after we get a hang of the game, you guys can decide things.

Posting should and will be at least every other day. Inform the GM, me, if you will be gone longer. If you continuously do not post as much as that, then you will be dropped from the game and be replaced. I want players that I can trust to be there.

Since you will be playing in teams, I want the teams to designate a player to represent and post their decisions for each round. Either have somebody do it for the whole battle, take turns, or first-to-post.

I will provide updated maps of the battlefield every round.

Other than that, have fun! If you have any questions, go right ahead. Now, let’s see who wants to play…

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
Takeda Shinma, the warlord Ogre Magi Barbarian/Sorceror, sits atop his throne of human bones and watches his motley army of goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, ogres and trolls prepare for the assault upon civilization. The imp scouts had reported the formation of a new Alliance of humans. Pathetic! His troops will find no equals about the weak, pale-colored humans with their soft skin. His victory and the reign of Takeda Shinma is assured....

Chauzu

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Hrm, Questions: what levels are we allowed with, is this more controlling a single character or a couple or a ton :)

A ton. :)

Each side will have a number of units (such as infantry, archers, knights, barbarians, etc..) to their disposal on the battlefield. It's sort of like chess with a bit of D&D. Or think of it sort of as D&D WarCraft.

So there's no need to make characters, since your armies are your characters.

But you could make up a character to represent yourself as one of the leaders if you want. :)

I must say I am interested, I want the Drow... evil despicable Drow... all Drizzt wannabe's need not apply

Takeda Shinma, the warlord Ogre Magi Barbarian/Sorceror, sits atop his throne of human bones and watches his motley army of goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, ogres and trolls prepare for the assault upon civilization. The imp scouts had reported the formation of a new Alliance of humans. Pathetic! His troops will find no equals about the weak, pale-colored humans with their soft skin. His victory and the reign of Takeda Shinma is assured....

lol, it looks like we have some representatives of the Chaos Army so far. :D

The Drow are not yet involved in the war, but rest asured... their part will soon come. :cool:

Last edited:

:D Very well then, count me in as well as in the Chaos army or as a sortof neutral force...

I perfer undead minions, although if that's not allowed I don't mind playing something else.

Chauzu

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
:D Very well then, count me in as well as in the Chaos army or as a sortof neutral force...

I perfer undead minions, although if that's not allowed I don't mind playing something else.

Undead minions... that's alright. There's nothing more juicier (or dried up in this case) than an army of undead soldiers led by an Orcish Necromancer or Bugbear Warlord! :)

Krug

Newshound
I think the bad guys get all the love.

I'll be on the side of Good. Dwarven Demolishers will be the name of my squardon, and all shall before our battlehammers! :D

Remove ads