• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fun with Psionics.

Bob5th

First Post
Yesterday our group was playing a first level module to introduce a couple of new players. I was running a Psion. I decided that I would have fun with missive. I was able to spare one 0 level power a day for a few days so I used missive to send messages to another player. I wrote down what I would send and let the DM deliver the message. The Message were like this.
First Day
"You are the choosen one."

Second Day
"You must prove yourself to be worthy."

Third Day
"You draw near your destiney."
He then asks what is his destiney.
"To cease to be and begin to become."

Fourth Day
"The time is near child of Bahaumat."

Fifth Day
"Your test is done. It's time you learned the truth."

Right after he got this last message my character replied "I am the one who choose."

During the whole thing he had no idea what was going on and was starting to worry. I guess I could have carried it on longer but I don't think I could have continued to keep a straight face.

Last edited:

Johno

First Post
What a great idea to freak out fellow players.

I would've kept it up for a while longer though... But that is just the sadist in me!

Zhure

First Post
Doesn't missive have a 25 foot range for a 1st level character, and a Will Save?
Since it has a "Visual" display...

Visual (Vi): The manifester’s eyes burn like points of silver fire while the power remains in effect, and an instantaneous rainbow-flash of light sweeps away from the manifester to a distance of 5 feet, unless a unique visual secondary effect is described.

...then I don't see how it could possibly have fooled the target unless he wore a crash helmet.

Greg

Remove ads