• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funniest Rod of Wonder story..... ever.

Someone

Adventurer
Look in Complete mage for some reserve feats that allow you to fly or teleport at will. Or use Overland flight. Now you only have to look out for moderately strong breezes.

Thanee

First Post
muzick said:
Edit: So my g/f is a math major, and I asked the probability of rolling a 4% in two consecutive rolls..... 1/625.

You need a math major to multiply 0.04 and 0.04? :eek: ;)

The wizard must have an insane AC now... but that World's LARGEST Dungeon comment was just funny! :D

1/2 (small) +1
1/4 (tiny) +2
1/8 (diminutive) +4
1/16 (fine) +8
1/32 (off the scale by one) +16
1/64 (off the scale by two) +32
1/128 (off the scale by three) +64
1/144 (him)

Bye
Thanee

happyelf

First Post
You should create a tiny flying crystal fortress disguised as an ioun stone, and put it in orbit around on of the other PC's.

Dominic Ladon

First Post
Ok... So far I am most intrgued by the construction of a Shield Guardian for the purposes of getting around and casting spells out its eyeballs. That I will look into. Though I'll have to make sure that I rig up something in the head to harness myself into, otherwise when it falls over, I'm just a dice in a Yahtzee cup taking some significant damage I'm sure.

Other question... There is a post that takes the bonuses and penalties off the scale, what are peoples thoughts on that?

Finally, this is the best discussion I have ever been a part of... although I didn't expect I would be the topic of it. :D

Andor

First Post
Dude... Your wizard is too small to date a pixie. :eek: That's just sad. On the other hand you can now build a luxurious mansion into a shoebox. :cool:

You should make a construct that looks just like you, only your original size. You can call him "Mega-Me".

Suggested modes of transport:

Cat

Small Dog

Bird

Construct

Other PC's hat

Put a saddle on the rod of wonder and cast fly on it.

Not suggested modes of transport:

Hampster ball

Kangaroo Rat

Hedgehog

Balloon

Walking

Nikroecyst

First Post
About two years back I took a Rod of Wonder as part of my starting equiptment and was worried whether or not I made the right choice as a spellthief. I was new to the group, didn't know anyone, and worried about making the wrong impression.

Now I see, despite the horrible outcomes of previous uses, I made a terrible mistake by never using it and selling it off.

BaldHero

First Post
This thread gives me an awesome idea for an encounter.

A shield guardian designed to hold a tiny wizard, or a skeleton with turn resistance that the wizard controls while in the skull.

Either way the party that meets the wizard and his "mount" will be extremely confused by the construct with the ability to smash and cast in the same round, or be frightened of the powerful "lich".

Imagine their surprise when they discover the tiny mage inside.

You know, with a little tinkering, the spell animate object could be useful for getting around.

good luck, and let us know what you come up with.

L.

Whimsical

Explorer
I can see everyone is having fun with the results of this effect. But normally magic that changes size doesn't stack with itself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads