• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funniest Rod of Wonder story..... ever.

Dominic Ladon

First Post
As for the cost of the Wings of Flying, my DM already said that the material cost for the creation of them would be significantly less due to the size modification.

As for the Enlarge Person item idea, I would still only be Diminutive size, as it only raises you by one size category.

Besides, I don't want to get any bigger. Playing a half inch wizard is going to propose a LOT of interesting possibilities. And yes... The spells are still cast at normal size.

Slife

First Post
You'll want something to cast Expeditious Retreat. +30 landspeed is really great for you.

Let's see. A use-activated or continuous item is probably a good idea, considering how much use you'll be getting out of it. Continuous is probably a better idea. By the estimates...
Spell level(1) × caster level(1) × 2,000 gp x2 (continuous item measured in minutes)
=4000 gp cost. Bearable cost, might be lower, based on what your GM said. Being able to outrace a dwarf isn't half bad.

Or you can get a pair of boots of striding and springing, which aren't nearly as good for your purposes, and cost more, but have the advantage of being core.

Boots of Striding and Springing

These boots increase the wearer’s base land speed by 10 feet. In addition to this striding ability (considered an enhancement bonus), these boots allow the wearer to make great leaps. She can jump with a +5 competence bonus on Jump checks.

Faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, longstrider, creator must have 5 ranks in the Jump skill; Price 5,500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Andor

First Post
Slife said:
You'll want something to cast Expeditious Retreat. +30 landspeed is really great for you.

Let's see. A use-activated or continuous item is probably a good idea, considering how much use you'll be getting out of it. Continuous is probably a better idea. By the estimates...
Spell level(1) × caster level(1) × 2,000 gp x2 (continuous item measured in minutes)
=4000 gp cost. Bearable cost, might be lower, based on what your GM said. Being able to outrace a dwarf isn't half bad.

Obviously you should have this made into an enchanted sombrero with phrase activation. "Engalé Engalé Yeee-Haaaaw!" :D :p

Rabelais

First Post
Code:
Obviously you should have this made into an enchanted sombrero with phrase activation. "Engalé Engalé Yeee-Haaaaw!"

Isn't that Andele? Speedy Gonzales makes me laugh.

Somehow cartoon characters from a period before Political Correctness are just funnier.

Andor

First Post
Rabelais said:
Code:
Obviously you should have this made into an enchanted sombrero with phrase activation. "Engalé Engalé Yeee-Haaaaw!"

Isn't that Andele? Speedy Gonzales makes me laugh.

Somehow cartoon characters from a period before Political Correctness are just funnier.

Could be. I was guessing. :) Spanish is not my friend. And yeah, some of the old cartoons are brilliant. :D

You know, this guy is small enough to ride some of the larger insects. A big locust, or a Scarab Beetle, or one of the Tarantula hunting wasps (those things are scary.) A Dragonfly would look cool. Just watch out for flyswatters.

Arkhandus

First Post
Oryan77 said:
Get a Racing Snail and stay away from those delicious looking limestone rocks.

........No no no no no no, no.

You need a Rocket-Powered Turbo Snail. It even has Super-Haste.

(Magic card joke; an Unhinged card)

Nyeshet

First Post
:) This is fun!

Anyway, I would look into getting a flying skull for your means of transport. Don't forget to put some higher quality semi-precious gems for its teeth and eye sockets (although at least one of the eye socket gems should be clear and transparent so as to allow for ease of vision). You might want to add an ioun stone or two around it, perhaps attach a few other minor magic items to it in some manner, etc. All for decorative purposes, of course. ;)

Now, just ride along on the backpack of one of your companions. When the attack starts, fly off and go after the enemies. If they have any Know (arcane) or Know (religion), I expect a few might even flee! :lol:

And at half an inch tall, the inside of the skull would be akin to a two story cottage for your character!

[Edit]The more I think on this, the more I think it would work better for a Warlock style character instead of a Wizard (or even a Sorcerer) one. Incantations for Magic Mouth, Flying, Invis, Dimension Door, etc would really make a character this small quite fascinating.

Great. Now I'm thinking of creating a fey type creature / character that is in effect a CR 1, 1/2 inch tall fey with a few levels in Warlock (pushing him up a few levels in CR, due to those levels). All in all, it could be quite interesting, I think.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads