• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Further Furrowing my teammate's brows

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
Okay, so I have a spellstitched Death Knight Charging Paladin of Tyranny, and I was trying to look for unique PrCs and feats to pump him up.

I got several feats out of Libris Mortis, including graftwork, That I plan to take. I will also soon have a True Necromancer who will be able to take me and make me even more effective by putting me under and giving me augments and grafts. I've got Empower and Quicken Turning on the list so I can make his Rebukes godly by 15th level, all I need is some epicly evil prestiges that can go well with him.

He's Lawful Evil, mostly frontline, has spellstitches, and plans to form an army so he can basically slaughter all of his enemies with them on a specially designed holiday made by the DM(where all undead, including him, get a huge amount of boosts and triple HD.). That holiday is about 2 1/2 months away, so I have plenty of time to waste.

Any suggestions?

Siuis

Explorer
There is a Deathknight-Specific template which, for a +1 LA, allows him to summon/command/commandeer a bunch of skeletons. I think it is called Legion Death Knight or somesuch. I found it through Crystal Keep, though I am reasonably confident it is a Dragon magazine thing.

Other than that, without really knowing what you wanna do, I can't give you anything further. You seem to have things pretty well in hand. I'd only worry about NPCs, since they are bound to know about this uber-death holiday, and take precautions against it. You don't need the strongest religious leaders casting anti-undead spells all the time, just this one day a year. The enemy can pretty much go all out with burning resources, given another 365 days to recoup.

So maybe focus on destroying enemy casting and turning potential, over augmenting your already impressive strength? Oh, and that spell which makes it so you can survive with negative hit-points would be good, since otherwhise 0 hit-points drops you immediately. The upside is, undead can't actually get into negative hit-points, so wait until the last minute, hit yourself with a "cure" and you are instantly in positive hit-points again. Requires a very strict adherance to the letter of the rules, though, and the DM may just say the spell lets you go into negatives, which makes it harder to recover from.

Remove ads