• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Future 5th Edition books you'd *like* to see?

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I'd love to see:
Setting: Dark Sun + full psionics rules (maybe a free PDF like elemental evil companion or a short book of we have 100pgs).
For players: a PH2 or advanced players guide, wherever, new archetypes (no classes unless psionics), a few races to cover the missing races from other settings, backgrounds and feats.
They have a LOT of spell to convert, so spells could come in another book (more material for me).
New rules book, not saying optional rules, but new. I think I can use a lot of, idk, ultimate campaign from pathfinder, but I'd like to see rules for specific campaign. The DMG has a lot of material, so it's not so necessarily.
Monster manuals. I love them, there are many classic monster I want to come back. I want flavor and "knowledge" dcs like the ones in MM IV &V from 3.5.

Raith5

Adventurer
Aside from a new monster manual, I would like to see new magic items, including more consumable items (they just seem to important given the restricted take on proper magic items in 5e) and more character options (especially more involved melee classes/ options).

Oh and any setting other than forgotten realms, preferable something classic like Greyhawk or something new and under-serviced, like Nentir Vale.

Last edited:

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
A published Unearthed Arcana with more class options and feats, spells. A Fiend Folio with more monsters, possibly the ones from the original Fiend Folio.

And more books detailing the Forgotten Realms.

Between Fifth Edition Foes and the Tome of Beasts I'm good for monsters.

I'd like a really nice version of Manual of the Planes. And a Psionic handbook. Maybe a Dungeoneers Survival Guide with something for everyone and lots of new traps. And a Wilderness Handbook on exploration and sandboxes.
After that I'm good.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
1) Tome of Battle II: The Book of More Than Nine Swords.
2) The Complete Book of Warlords.
3) Tactical Module I: A Guide to Healing Surges and Damage on a Miss.

delericho

Legend
One more I've just remembered: a big book of NPCs. I don't mean specific named NPCs, but rather something like Pathfinder's "NPC Codex" - basically a "Monster Manual" type book dedicated to priests, and knights, and wizards, and nobles, and all the other people in the world. It's the sort of book that's maybe not terribly sexy but which tends to be terribly useful.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Sorry if this topic has been covered (to death) - I'm new to these forums. Anyway, what I'd *like* to see:

- Dark Sun Campaign Setting Book (covering psionics, if it can help it)
- Dark Sun Monster Manual
- Rulebook for Mass Combat, Naval Combat and Kingdom Building / Management
- Monster Manual 2
- Ravenloft Campaign Setting
- Yuan-ti related Adventure for levels 1-15

Yup, you nailed it.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I'm sure someone has said this...probably...so...

See 1e AD&D? Those supplemental hardback books? Unearthed Arcana, Deities & Demigods, Dungeoneers Survival Guide, etc...? Yeah, do that. :D

To me, 1e is the most complete of all the D&D editions (well, unless we slip in Hackmaster 4th...then that is). We have the Dungeoneers and Wilderness Survival Guides, for example, that have a buck-tonne of things a DM can use to enhance his/her game. It's all very "modular"...meaning it's dirt simple to pick and choose what you want, or change something and not have to worry very much about "unbalancing" something else in the rules. Rules, guidelines, suggestions for all manner of things that may crop up are in these books. Everyone trying to crawl in some giant-ant warrens? DSG has rules for how much space each race takes up as well as modifiers for armor and whatnot. Wondering what the weather is going to be like and don't want to just pull it out of your backside? WSG has rules for generating weather for any terrain. The PC's gate to a different part of the campaign world where they worship Egyptian gods? DDG has a whole Egyptian pantheon with notes on how clerics and such are 'viewed' in that context.

All these 1e AD&D optional supplemental books have received much use from me over the decades...even into other game systems. I don't use a lot of this stuff (probably 'most'), but I sure am grateful to have such modular things to pick and choose from.

^_^

paul L. Ming

pkt77242

Explorer
My list is pretty simple
Monster Manual 2/Fiend Folio
Deities and Demigods (Honestly they could almost combine this with something like a Fiend Folio, 200 pages for monsters and 100 pages for Deities).
Dragonlance setting (preferably set right before or after the war of the lance).
One book with more sub-classes, psionics, feats and spells.

Nickolaidas

Explorer
One more I've just remembered: a big book of NPCs. I don't mean specific named NPCs, but rather something like Pathfinder's "NPC Codex" - basically a "Monster Manual" type book dedicated to priests, and knights, and wizards, and nobles, and all the other people in the world. It's the sort of book that's maybe not terribly sexy but which tends to be terribly useful.

Yeah, that too! Extremely useful book, I'd love to see one for D&D 5th edition.

Remove ads