• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Future comic book film sequel you are most looking forward too?

John Crichton

First Post
I guess this could have been posted as a poll but I'm very likely to forget a major choice and screw the whole thing up. ;)

That said, I'll make a list and folks can add to it. A few ground rules: There really aren't any. But let's keep it realistic and limit it to live action (otherwise The Incredibles 2 would be the overwhelming pick and we already know that it's a great movie that deserves a follow-up). My list is in no particular order:

Spider-man 3
X-men 3
The New Superman (technically a sequel to the Donner films)
A new Batman
A new Blade
Daredevil 2 (just watched DD: DC which was a much better film than the original)
Punisher 2
Buffy 2 (hey, could happen)
The Crow 4
Hellboy 2
Wolverine
Magneto
SinCity 2
Hulk 2

I'm looking most forward to Spidey 3. The production crew is still in tact as are the lead actors. Plus, Spidey 2 is currently my favorite superhero live-action film evar. How aboot you?

At this point, Superman Returns.

It would have been X3 if Singer was still on it or Spidey 3 is we knew a little more. Really, though, I'm looking forward to pretty much all of them.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
A sequel to Batman Begins.
Spider-man 3.

Everything else I could do without. I'll watch them, but I won't be particularly crushed if they never see the light of day. Except these two. They are (IMO) the only two comic book movie franchises that have transcended genre to produce good movies, not just good superhero movies.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Falanor said:
Punisher 2
Ditto. I'm one of those people who enjoyed the Punisher (although it could have been better), but the news I've heard so far regarding the Punisher 2 is making me look forward to it quite a bit (Jigsaw as the villian, taking place in New York City instead of Tampa, etc).

Spidey 3, Sin City 2, and the Batman Begins sequel could be cool, too. I also hope X-Men 3 turns out good. I'll probably only see Daredevil 2 if there's nothing else good to see the weekend it comes out, as I wasn't overly impressed with the first one.

Last edited:

Brakkart

First Post
Batman Continues
Superman Returns
Spiderman 3
Punisher 2
Sin City 2

I WAS looking forward to X-Men 3 until Singer defected to Superman along with the crew, and Fox hired Brett (I can't direct to save my life) Ratner to direct it... ohh yeah and Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut??? Think I'll give what is likely to be an utter train wreck of a movie a miss.

Richards

Legend
But they are moving forward on a "V for Vendetta" movie.

As for sequels, I'm looking most forward to Spider-Man 3 and Sin City 2. Wolverine could be good, too, though, and the next Batman movie (if they keep Robin out of it). I'm also looking forward to Fantastic Four 2, despite the fact that the first one hasn't come out yet. That way, they can improve upon the original (which, based on what I've seen in the previews, has some room for improvement).

Johnathan

Remove ads