• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

future "Races of..." books

Angerland

First Post
I haven't been tapped into the rumors so I am wondering if there will ever be a "Races of the Underdark" book out. I would love to see Drow, Derro and Duergar get the aattention that the other races have had so far...even just to use them as more defined NPC's.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Given how relatively far out "Races of the Dragon" is as an idea (really, I expected a goblin/orc/hobgoblin book long before a WotC book which starred kobolds), I think "Races of the Underdark" sounds extremely plausible. I'd bet on drow, either derro or duergar (probably depends if derro were in a "Races of the Mind" book first) and then svirfneblin.

The Thayan Menace

First Post
No More Ad-Hoc Stupid Races

A Races of the Underdark book will be great as long as the authors don't "pull a Goliath" and purposefully make up another lame race just to take up space.

Gez

First Post
I, for one, really don't think that Derros should be in a Races of book. They're not playable, and not meant to be playable. I know, the same was said about the Drow, but come on! They're not sexy elves in tight, black leather outfits, they're insane Detrimental Robots right out of Shaver's disturbed mind!

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Have to agree about Derro.

But Drow, Duergar, and Svirfneblin would make a good book. And if Duergar gets put in an Underdark book, they're less likely to end up in Races of the Mind, which will make me happy. And I'm going to keep calling it that, like it's an official title, until I hear otherwise.

Random off-topic: Who here thinks that new Paragon Classes would be perfect material for Races Web Enhancements? I've been trying to figure out Paragons for at least half-a-dozen of the non-core races I allow, and it's driving me nuts. (I know I don't like doing 4e speculation... but that's one ruleset I want to see included in the the Core Rules.)

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Li Shenron said:
Perhaps also a Races of the Planes could be under design, with Planetouched types?

Hmm. Not sure how well that would work, given a lack of unified culture. Really, I wish the planetouched had gotten better coverage in Races of Destiny.

On the other hand, a Races book updating some of the old Planescape and giving us more information on the ones in Planar Handbook wouldn't be bad at all.

KnightFever

First Post
Drow, Duergar, Svirfneblin and other underdark races (Chitines, Kuo-Toas..) are detailed in the FR Underdark book but with the PHB race description format. Derro are not considered a option for PC races though.

Romnipotent

First Post
Many of the Races of books use Unearthed Arcana material.
I want to see Races of Cheese (not munchkin stuff), like the Parmesenians a hard smally group.
The Bries...
The Mozzarellas, naturally stretchy
etc

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads