[Game Closed] Dead of Winter: DnD3e-CoC Game in the Forgotten Realms (IC Forum)

Rorschach

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Two monks is certainly fine, although if there are going to be two monks, I'd like to have six players — strength in numbers, all that. At any rate, whatever you all decide is fine. Keep me posted.

Rorschach — If you did want to switch over to a Paladin, perhaps we can work out a variant on the Paladin, and make him more monk-like, swap out the heavy and medium armor feats and the special mount, use a different skill list (more academic or monastic), switch in some of the monk abilities. I guess he'd be more like a western-type samurai, sword-saint type thing. What do you think?

Best,
tKL

I like. How does that sound to you as a compromise, novyet? Just want to diversify and make sure that we're as flexible as possible. tKL -- you might want to elaborate a bit on how the CoC elements might work.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
The Call of Cthulhu elements would be mostly for tone and story. I'm not looking to emulate the lethality of the typical CoC game, but the mood and the fear. The feeling that there are things that just shouldn't be found out and that something is watching or waiting or lies dreaming in Ry'leh. As for Sanity and Cthulhu Mythos, I'm using them directly out of the CoC book, and they'll function in the same way. As for mitigating sanity loss/restoring sanity, I have ideas, and you'll find them out when they become necessary for you to know :p. If you don't know how these things work, that's fine, too — it really may work out better that way. ;)

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Rorschach said:
I like. How does that sound to you as a compromise, novyet? Just want to diversify and make sure that we're as flexible as possible. tKL -- you might want to elaborate a bit on how the CoC elements might work.

I'll work out the variant tonight, post it, and we'll see where it gets us. It might be as simple as modifying the skill list (knowledge and craft skills, as well as Balance and stuff like that), swapping in two virtual feats for the armor proficiencies (virtual meaning only usable in no armor, maybe Quick Draw and ), and either using some kind of AC bonus or a feat chain geared towards agility and swordplay instead of the mount. This is off the top of my head, so it's only a thought.

Best,
tKL

Murhid

First Post
Cool, I'll see what people choose but I'll most likely play either a ranger, or if the spot isn't taken I'll go straight paladin.

edit: woops, sorry wrong id, Murhid = drs

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Okay then. This is what I have then:

Rorschach — monk, (paladin)
novyet — monk, (genasi wizard or sorcerer)
drs — paladin, (ranger)

[edit — parentheticals are just other classes you indicated that you might be interested in...the first class is the one that you seem to be most interested in as far as I can tell....]

Of course, these aren't written in stone, but they should give other people (hopefully we'll see some other people soon) an idea of what we have. This means that I would like to see the rest of the party contain some kind of arcane spellcaster (preferably a wizard or sorcerer), a rogue type (bard or rogue), and a cleric of some kind. Naturally any of these could be multiclassed. The arcane spellcaster and the cleric are probably the most critical — mostly because it seems that most of the CRs are based on the party having some kind of magic handy.

Anyhow, just how I see it. I'm going to slip an actual link to this thread in the IC forum, see if we can't drum up more people. Also, as there isn't any solid interest or explicit need, I'm going to strike the alt.Paladin from the thread.

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
Sure I'd be willing to play. If there are any more slots left open let me know. I have not played a sorc before so that is what I would be most intrested in. If any other class it really needed let me know and I can make adjustments.

Kaj I will e-mail you also to let you know, in case this gets lost.

Old Fezziwig

If sorcerer is what you want to play, that's great — the party could certainly use an arcane spellcaster. I did get your e-mail, by the way...

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

e-mail address for game related stuff

Hey all. I've changed my e-mail address, and I will be using this addy for all game-related stuff (and it's also the new address for my profile, so...).

My new e-mail is kajambalion @ hotmail . com

Plug in the spaces to use (I realized that I could be inviting spam by throwing it out there like that :p). Just an FYI.

thanks,
tKL

Last edited:

Remove ads