Game Idea(s)

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, I can't help it. I've tried to stay out of this cause I'm in so many games, but a few of them have fallen to the wayside.

I'm interested in the Radiance game. I'm very interested in the Radiance game. Not so much the other one, but very interested in Radiance. There are so many unique classes, but I'm thinking of taking a Gunslinger, and doing the Gun Mage perks. Part of me wants to do the Wartech race, cause a Cybornetic gunslinger sounds awesome.

However, I could be convinced to do one of the others. I was really interested in Necromancer, but you said that isn't allowed. Oh well. I'll look over it and see what I can do.

GreenKarl

First Post
Dwimmermount.jpg

For Dwimmermount, the characters are starting at 2nd level and start with an extra 100gp (plus starting gear from class and background). Characters start with Maximum Hit Points for both 1st and 2nd level (after that I am debating). Character creation is the basic point buy (27 points) from the PHB 5th ed. Variant Humans are allowed but the 'base Human' gets the following +1 to all six stats with an additional +1 to one stat (in effect getting a +2 to one stat, +1 to the other five). Base Humans also start with one additional trained Skill of their choice. All the basic races from the PHB are allowed. I have the Sword Coast Adventure Guide and while the game is NOT set in the Forgotten Realms you can use stuff from in there.

I like the idea that the heroes have traveled together for at least a bit and have arrived at the gates of Muntburg as the game opens. None have ever been here before (after all the ONLY draw to this town is the dungeon themselves and they have been totally sealed for at least a hundred years).

Legends say the dungeon was created thousands of years ago in the First Age of Telluria (the world) by some ancient god-like Race that roams the planet. This race either left the world in ancient times or was destroyed, depending on whom you ask. The Servitor Races of the Ancients they came to rule the world, caretakers and followers of the Ancients. These include the first Humans, Elves and Dwarfs. They were almost as powerful as the Ancients and ruled the world for thousands of years during the 2nd Age. Mighty kingdoms and Magic were the rule of the day. At the end of the 2nd Age, the Red-Elves, themselves almost god-like in the mythical powers of Chaos came and threw down the Servitor Races. These elves enslaved most of the other races and warped and twisted others (they also almost wiped out the Dwarven race). They were overthrown (also thousands of years ago) and disappeared from the world (the end of the 3rd Age) although the chaos they inflicted onto others still lingers.

Three centuries ago, during the 5th Age, all life was threatened with the rise of the Liche-Lords and their undead armies. Only with the banding together of the civilized races where they defeated and the world set right.

It is now the 7th Age. Most of the magical items of this world are from these first three Ages, a time of legends and unknowable power. The secrets of magic creation have been lost over the years and now the nations all seek out old lairs of the either the Ancients, the Servitors or the Red-Elves, seeking the collect the magical items for their own use and power.

The 'gods' of this world are mostly quite although Clerics etc. gain spells by praying to them. I will probably just use the Forgotten Realm gods for easy.

Muntburg is a fortified town that serves the dual purpose of keeping watch over the passage through The Wintertops Mountains and Dwimmermount itself. As the Dwimmermount has been 'quiet' and sealed for the last century it sees like business beside a stop over for caravans traveling to more important places. Muntburg itself is located about three miles form the 'mountain road' to the few 'know' location for the most common entrances into the dungeon mountain (near its peak). The 'mountain' itself is around just over 1,500 feet tall but the climb up the stairs is steep. There are rumored to be others but they seem to change with the times and at presents no other ones are commonly known. From the trade road stairs can be seen ascending towards Dwimmermount’s peak.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
However, I could be convinced to do one of the others. I was really interested in Necromancer, but you said that isn't allowed. Oh well. I'll look over it and see what I can do.

Well now I did say IF you can come up with an in-game reason why you are NOT evil I will allow it. Necromancers don't have to do anything especially evil to advance (like the Black Guard and Warlock) so you don't need to come up with any of that. But say you see the Undead as just another form of Life (ahha) or don't see it as evil (you can volunteer to become a zombie, etc.) then I am totally cool with you playing one of the evil classes AS I too think they are cool :)

tglassy

Adventurer
See what I mean? It's awesome.

No Necromancer. I would have tried to go with a Wartech Necromancer who views living bodies as just machines, like his, only more complex. I'm just not a fan of the abilities.

Can't really make up my mind on this one. On the one hand, a cyborg gunslinger sounds amaz-ah-zing. On the other, the Medicant is such a unique class. A Wartech Medicant who studies living tissue in an effort to understand it. (As you can see, I'm really digging the Wartech.)

I suppose I'll wait to see which game you wind up going with, and make my decision based on that.

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm digging the Radiance based game, but not sure what class. For race, I'm leaning toward the Gi... I mean Slith. Leaning toward Artificer.

tglassy

Adventurer
So, uh, the Invoker. Not really my cup of tea, basically a Favored Soul. Either chosen or descended from a god. But...um...one of his ability choices...called "Progeny".

"Once daily, when engaged in romantic intimacy, the interlude results in a magical pregnancy and birth of your child within 9 days. The child has your alignment and carries your diety's blood or mark. Both parents are fatigued while the pregnancy occurs."

What. The Heck?

Why would this even be a thing? Once per day? Holy crap! What would you even need this for? What's the point? Other than just creating more Invokers?

Remove ads