• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #5:The Ghost of Harrenhal ACT 15 Chapter 2-2012

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
The Ghost of Harrenhal

Cat has to flee and Littlefinger act quickly after the Baratheon brothers' enmity comes to an end. At the capital, Tyrion finds out about Joffrey's defensive plans as well as about some secret weapon that could be used to defend the city against attack. Theon starts his quest to prove to his father that he is Ironborn and not a Stark lackey. In Harrenhal, Arya finds help from a surprising source. While north of the Wall, the Night's Watch make a stand against the wildlings at an ancient fortress, the Fist of the First Men.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
As usual, it was a good show. Lots of Danerys this time, and some Rangers North of the Wall, too. No Joffrey. Tyrion is his normal awesome self. The scene between Brienne and Catelyn Stark was well done.

Every episode ends too soon.

Is this the first episode ever without a sex scene?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Whooo! Arya helps another one bite the dust :D

I don't care that her story is differing from the books. As long as her story remains as cool and awesome, she's still my favourite character.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
A good episode. I think my wife was glad of no explicit sex scenes, and even gladder of no torture. She swore she'd never watch the show again after last week, but wandered in during a Tyrion scene and he got her to stay (yet another way Tyrion is awesome).

I don't know that they're changing Arya's story so much as streamlining it, and so far it's been working. When I saw the episode was entitled "The Ghost of Harrenhall," I wondered if we'd get all the way up the the Weasel soup, but I'm glad they didn't rush it.

Seeing events unfold, it occurs to me that they may be streamlining two of my favorite characters out: Jojen and Meera Reed. It looks to me like they'll be giving Osha a bigger part and having her take of their role to some degree. Which would be a shame really, and would require some change in Rickon's story as well (about which, granted, we know little at this point).

Cor Azer

First Post
I wonder what Tywin suspects of Arya.

He obviously recognized the threat in her "any body can die", and he picked up on her being a northern girl.

Does he wonder why an eight or nine year old girl from Barrowton would be so far south? Travel wasn't exact common for smallfolk.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
A quick followup -- Ashayara is still not growing on me as a character. The actress's affect seems weirdly flat, like she's just phoning in her lines, and she lacks Novel-Asha's boisterousness and bravado. She just sort of slouches around and emasculates Theon. I guess we're stuck with her though.

Cor Azer

First Post
A quick followup -- Ashayara is still not growing on me as a character. The actress's affect seems weirdly flat, like she's just phoning in her lines, and she lacks Novel-Asha's boisterousness and bravado. She just sort of slouches around and emasculates Theon. I guess we're stuck with her though.

She actually is growing on me a bit.

Asha/yara is meant to emasculate Theon - to shown him the swagger an Ironborn needs. Having her boisterousness be a bit more subdued makes that emasculation effect greater, but it also keeps Theon from warming up to her (ie, his scenes with Ros and Osha show that he actually seems to like backtalk, and to much bravado might get him on Asha/Yara's side too quickly.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Oh, I see the swagger, but it's a profoundly masculine swagger -- which is perfect for the character, I think. I found her more likeable in the books than I do in the shows, but that's not really a problem, either.

Remove ads