• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #7:-You Win or You Die ACT 7 Chapter 1-2011

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
You Win or You Die

Ned and Cersei have a meeting about Jon Arryn's death. Jon Snow takes his vows to become a man of the Night's Watch. Khal Drogo has an abrupt change of mind after an assassination attempt on Dany. King Robert is severely injured by a boar and must make decisions on the future of his kingdom.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
A lot of good stuff happened in this episode, but honestly, was the gratuitous and explicit sex scene near the beginning absolutely necessary? Not saying I didn't find it titillating in its way, but it was a pretty raunchy way to give Littlefinger a chance to reveal his nefarious plans to (and perhaps also introduce us to Shae?).

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
A further thought, during Khal Drogo's speech about how he was going to conquor Westeros, when he started reciting all of the horrible things he would do: "I will kill their metal men! I will tear down their stone houses! etc." When he got to "I will rape their women," my wife, channelling Dany said, "Uh, honey. That's fine, you might want to stop now. No really, that's very sweet and all, but ..."

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
A lot of good stuff happened in this episode, but honestly, was the gratuitous and explicit sex scene near the beginning absolutely necessary? Not saying I didn't find it titillating in its way, but it was a pretty raunchy way to give Littlefinger a chance to reveal his nefarious plans to (and perhaps also introduce us to Shae?).
That might have been about Ros, and not Shae or Littlefinger. If so, it's a bit more clever than it appears on the surface. Because of that, and what Littlefinger actually said, it might also be a book spoiler.

Ros as the all-knowing sword against the Meereenese Knot, and Littlefinger saving himself for 'another'?

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
A few random thoughts:

I kept waiting for the Gold Cloaks to be shown wearing gold cloaks.

The scene with Ned and Cersei in the godswood was different from the book in ways that while not quite changing her character or motivation, fails to really elaborate upon it. Shame.

Not a bad episode, as it moved the plot along, but not quite as strong as some of the others.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
So far all of the added scenes have felt more like behind the scenes footage than deviations. I hope they'll stay like that.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, there are lots of reasons why it SHOULDN'T be Shae, unless Martin always intended her to be Littlefinger's catspaw (though I don't think so), but she physically matches the description in the book, and the way Littlefinger says "whatever your name is ..." made me think that they weren't saying her name deliberately at this point.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
And is Ros really a necessary addition to the character roster? Did the writers think Martin somehow didn't have enough prostitutes in these novels already?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads