• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game of Thrones Magic?

Sado

First Post
In the novels, magic isn't very prevelant (at least among most of the characters and societies we see). How is it handled in the game? What is the magic system like?

Sunchaser

First Post
It's basically the same as the D&D 3.5 wizard, just with more spells and higher DC's for saves. You also get spells earlier, and d6 damage is now d10. They've named it the Mystic Warlock Mage, and it's a prestige class for anyone level 2 or higher.

:)

Just kidding.. it's actually pretty cool, and fits the theme of the novels perfectly.

jscoble

First Post
Sunchaser said:
It's basically the same as the D&D 3.5 wizard, just with more spells and higher DC's for saves. You also get spells earlier, and d6 damage is now d10. They've named it the Mystic Warlock Mage, and it's a prestige class for anyone level 2 or higher.

:)

You bad, BAD man!

Just kidding.. it's actually pretty cool, and fits the theme of the novels perfectly.

Thank you. We (Jeremy Zimmerman, me, and some heavy influence from Ian Sturrock and Michelle Lyons) kicked it around a bit. I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Basically, it's (initially at the very least) a GM tool. This covers blood magic (bathing in auroch's blood), certain prophecies, summoning powers old and dark, and so forth. It's a free form system BUILT around a feat/spell structure, although power forms of play.

But things like Bran's true dreams, animal companions, (and down the road warg abilities) are covered by Legendary Feats, accessible to PCs (with GM permission).

cheers,
JS

Connovaer

First Post
sunchaser said:

Lol you absolute Sh*t sunchaser

For a second there i thought a great big section of my pdf hadnt downloaded

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads