• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game Suggestions Wanted!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I've just bought a new PC, so I'm asking you guys to recommend me some old classics. I'm not so interested in new games, since I'm low on cash, but what are the games now available at budget prices that you'd recommend?

For the record, I currently have the following installed:

Deus Ex
Atomic Bomberman
Neverwinter Nights
Unreal Tournament
Starcraft (with Brood War)
Civilisation 2
Grand Theft Auto 2
Hostile Waters
Planescape Torment

Thanks!

Sir Whiskers

First Post
Turn-based strategy: Heroes of Might and Magic 3. You should be able to find HOMM 3 plus both sequels for $20 or less.

Real-time strategy: Mechcommander 2. This is not first-person mech - you concentrate of commanding one or more squads of mechs. The final battle is tough but fun.

Fyrie

Explorer
If you want an immersive type experience, I would try System Shock 2. You don't need to have played System Shock 1 to enjoy the game. I didn't play 1, but 2 is one of my all time favs.

MarauderX

Explorer
Psionicist said:
Warcraft III and The Frozen Throne expansion. The game gets better for every day...

I agree. And you can keep playing online with each vs. real opponents. Civilization is ok for a change of pace. You could probably pick up the old SSI FR series like Pool of Radiance or Azure Bonds for near to nothing if you haven't made your way through them. Now those are old...

kingpaul

First Post
I like Master of Orion II (haven't tried III and I lost my copy of I). Sim City 2k is always fun as well.

Have you ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games? They are a 1st-person, 1 member party RPG. An over-all story-arc/quest, but lots of smaller quests available if you can find them.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Planescape:Torment totally rocks. That one alone should keep you busy for a long time. It did for me.

I just finished Dungeon Siege. It took me around 70 total hours to play. I think the magic in the game is totally useless, so making a character in a spellcaster in that game is a complete waste of time, as they are totally weak, and don't have any more power than a knight. But, fun, mindless entertainment nonetheless. But, it's fairly new, so is still kind of expensive.

I'm playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, which was recently re-released for $19.97, and it's a pretty good game. Really hard.

If you like RTS games, I recommend Total Annihilation (And the expansion - Core Contingency). It is an excellent, excellent game.

If you like puzzle/adventure games, look for a copy of Sam And Max hit the road. That's a fun, clever little game that actually has quite a bit of play in it.

Remove ads