• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Game]What the hell is a "Sicilian Chainsaw?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Someone tell me what a three-sided pigeon skirt is?
It's a more complex variant of the old good cop, bad cop routine used to get information out of jumpy informants. You start with two guys working together, asking a lot of questions, making heavy implications and vague threats, but about some totally unrelated crime. They get the informant off balance and then the third guy walks in late and tosses up easy questions about the crime they're actually trying to learn about. Half the time the answers spill out before he even realizes.

Now I overheard a guy earlier. . . what does it mean to 'burn the yardstick'?

Warmduscher

First Post
Now I overheard a guy earlier. . . what does it mean to 'burn the yardstick'?

Thats when you're dead set on doing something despite the fact that its completely impossible. A literal version would be a guy trying to break the long jumping record despite the fact that he hardly manages 3 yards. Instead of giving up he insteads burns the yardstick he uses to measure the distance he jumps and tries on.

When we're talking about impossible, what does "100-yards spitting" mean?

Rechan

Adventurer
When we're talking about impossible, what does "100-yards spitting" mean?
It came about with "Free speech zones" and "protest zones". Protesters protesting the President have to be at least 300 feet from the President at any point in time.

Hence, if you're a protester and you want to express yourself, it'd be a 100 yard spit to the big man.

Now, I've heard of a daisy cutter, but what's a rose thresher?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Whats a Sunday Snausage?

Its when someone enigmatically says they're giving you "a treat"...and its something they've given you countless times before. Not that you mind all that much- its something you like, after all- but you wish the person would just be upfront about it and tell you ahead of time what you're getting, instead of making a big production out of it.

A stripper offered to give me a "Corsican Jellybean"...should I take her up on the offer?

Pbartender

First Post
Whats an Khulkan Khomian?

It's a slurred distortion of the phrase "Cool can come again", as it was orignally used by people who are hopelessly stuck in the fashion of a previous era. Now the resulting derivative is used as a semi-derogotory term for those same people... "Hey, take a look at the Khulkan Khomian from the '70s."

In recent years, it has also been used to refer to time travellers, especially those from the past.

So, should I pay attention to my neighbor's "intersnobbery"?

Warmduscher

First Post
So, should I pay attention to my neighbor's "intersnobbery"?

Well, only if you want to help him overcome it. Intersnobbery is short for internal snobbery and of course means that he feels everything is too good for himself. It can be annoying to get caught up in all the drama and emo surrounding that, but if everybody ignores it he may feel right in his intersnobbery and fall into severe depressions and/or compulsive flagellation. Unless he thinks even the whip is too good for him of course. Then there's no telling what he'll do. In the ideal case he'll decide that his home is too good for him and thus stop being your problem as he'll be no longer your neighbor, but you may see him again as some bum who makes a point out of not panhandling you as your money is too good for him. At this point things may get a tad confusing. Like confusing a dead dog I heard.... even if I got no idea what that means.

Remove ads