• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamemaster wanted

Wmcampbell

First Post
Hi

We are looking to hire aGM for a long term Pathfinder game. Compensation will be based on number of gamers and GM experience. We are all professionals and over 30, so the game must be weekend based. Interested in world game vs dungeon crawls.

brvheart

Explorer
Please explain what you are referring to world game vs dungeon crawls. I have 32 years of DMing experience and am an old school DM.

Wmcampbell

First Post
Yep posting the location would have been useful/intelligent. We are located near Eugene Oregon. By world game I meant to point out that we enjoy politics, intrigue, travel, as much if not more than simple dungeon crawls. We are looking for a long-term adventure that allows us to create companies, kingdoms, thieves guilds, etc.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not that I'm on the right continent, but are you paying $200-$400 per session? Or $200 for a two-year campaign?

frankthedm

First Post
Not that I'm on the right continent, but are you paying $200-$400 per session? Or $200 for a two-year campaign?
Would it not have to be per session to not violate minimum wage laws? You're right to be concerned, [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], were I in your shoes, I'd hope a group of "professionals... over 30 " would not be trying to get a GM for an indefinite length of time for less than what a McJob pays in month.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would it not have to be per session to not violate minimum wage laws? I'd hope a group of "professionals... over 30" would not be trying to get a GM for a year+ for less than what a McJob pays in month.

Who knows! It's an unusual request any way you look at it! $400 to play D&D for 4 hours seems very generous.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
You could expand looking for online tabletop.

Request is not so unusual, I got paid for a Star Wars campaign that ran for 3 years but that was paid per hour.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Would it not have to be per session to not violate minimum wage laws?

Minimum wage laws don't apply to a self-employed contractor like this - you have to be an employee of a business that grosses more than a half-million a year for any of that to apply, and there are several exceptions. They're free to negotiate whatever mutually beneficial remuneration they can agree to.

Interesting work if you can get it :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads