Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A corridor deck that has an almost science-fiction/fantasy vibe to it. I'm might try to build a starship deck plan with exotic look to it.

Attachments

• sci-fantasy-corridor-deck.jpg
    sci-fantasy-corridor-deck.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 649

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a Steam Punk Star Ship Deck Plan - HMSS Victoria, a 3 decked small passenger cruiser, the first of its kind, and the first star ship of the Imperial Space Fleet. A hydrogen burning steam engine fueled by condensed ice through an advanced process of hydrolysis creates hydrogen, steam power and breathable oxygen. In planetary atmosphere's, hydrogen inflates dirigibles and it becomes an airship.

This is deck two - the operations deck with crew berth, bridge, navigation and engineering. This is a work-in-progress, as I need to create 2 other decks. Does this feel Victorian?

Attachments

• victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus04.jpg
    victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus04.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 669

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Steam Punk Star Ship Deck Plan, the HMSS Victoria, has 3 decks and a poop deck.

Poop deck holds deflated dirigibles when ship enters planetary atmosphere's deploying and auto-inflating with hydrogen gas, most of this deck is outside the hull, and airlocks can only be opened from the bridge, preventing accidental opening when in space. Since the heaviest components of the star ship - the steam engine and the hydrolysis processor, the dirigibles tied to the poop deck is the center of gravity of the ship.

Passenger deck contains deluxe staterooms with double beds, under a glass dome (mostly reserved for the aristocracy). Standard staterooms for high passage guests with separate beds. Central chamber serves as billiards and music parlor. The ship's lounge is fore of the central chamber, and a dining under the dome fore of that. In the aft section, reserved for crew only (except in emergencies to reach sickbay). A pantry sits port, and a refrigerated food storage lies starboard, aft of this is a chef's kitchen.

Operations deck contains bridge, aft of that is the navigational computation chamber, then the crew mess hall, in the octagonal chambers are the Captain's Quarters to port and Sickbay starboard, while the square chambers contain engineer/weapons officers, physician/chemist officers, and midshipman quarters aft. Fueled by hydrogen, this advanced steam engine provides ship's propulsion in space, also through various gears and chains, the various internal controls, door opening/closure, operation of atmospheric lifting wings and steerage sail.

Cargo/Hydrolysis deck, the lowest deck of the ship, contains the advanced hydrolysis processor at the far aft of the deck used to convert condensed ice (I made that up) which is ice condensed 10% the size of standard ice which melts to liquid water 1:100 ratio. The hydrolysis processor converts condensed ice to water for steam pressure, potable water, pure hydrogen for steam engine fuel, and oxygen as a waste product providing ship's life support. Crew berth lies fore of the Hydrolysis chamber, condensed ice storage sits starboard of center, while ship's cargo sits at port. A weapons locker sits for of that, providing ammunition for small arms and the repeating light cannon on turret at fore of deck.

This was entirely created using Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing application with photo texture fills.

Attachments

• victorian-deck-plan-topside.jpg
    victorian-deck-plan-topside.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 626
  • victorian-deck-plan-passenger-berth.jpg
    victorian-deck-plan-passenger-berth.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 618
  • victorian-deck-plan-operations-deck.jpg
    victorian-deck-plan-operations-deck.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 715
  • victorian-deck-plan-cargo-hold.jpg
    victorian-deck-plan-cargo-hold.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 748

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A publisher planted a new venture seed yesterday. Recently I’ve been creating photo-realistic ship deck plans as personal projects to create map accessories for tabletop roleplaying game players including an interstellar cargo freighter, and more recently a steam-powered starship with a Victorian style (?!), but I’ve created 18th century deck plans of ships of sail in the past. Louis Porter Jr. of LPJ Designs asked if I would consider a product line called Stock Armada, as stock art deck plans for use by the many tabletop roleplaying game publishers that incorporate ship’s as part of their adventure modules and supplements.

I never considered doing maps as stock art, but it’s certainly a novel idea. While I couldn’t make as much as a normal, freelance map commission, in the long tail of internet marketing, over time, many publishers might purchase a set, ultimately earning far more profits than a single commission.

Stock art for game publishers traditionally are monster/character illustrations and fantasy graphics for use as cover designs, interior and border art. Maps as stock art has never been done, so this would be the first of its kind. Ship decks are common settings for many game genres from fantasy and historic, to sci-fi, Cthulhu inspired and steam punk – there are many possibilities.

Each product would contain all decks of a given ship design, plus 3 variations in dress. Say a deck plan for an 18th century naval frigate (which is the first product planned) I provide standard naval accouterments for one design, a royal flag ship version with more luxury items aboard, one with the poop deck removed and guns added for a pirate version, and one with battle damage such as broken masts, cannonball holes, even a leaking cargo deck. Variations would depend on the type of ship being described.

Plans are to create ships of sail, starships, steam punk air ships, and D&D Spelljammer ship deck plans. I could see creating an early 20th century luxury liner, a WWII U-boat, a tramp steamer or a luxury yacht, many possible designs for many possible games.

As stated, this never a plan I had, just the notion to jump on any possible ventures I run into, and I just ran into this idea, yesterday. I think it has lots of potential.

Attachments

• stock-armada-logo-02.png
    stock-armada-logo-02.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 555

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Steam Punk Starship Deck Plans PDF and Zip file containing VT-ready maps has now been released on DTRPG for $4.99 - this is a 4 deck ship with 4 variant top interior deck for different purpose configurations for your steam punk interstellar fleet - including a passenger yacht, a commerce trader, a gun ship and a scientific laboratory ship. A 13 page gazetteer PDF, plus sliced, print-ready maps, and whole print ready maps with a 1 inch = 5 foot square grid (no grids on virtual tabletop versions in Zip file).

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177090/Steam-Punk-Starship-Deck-Plans?manufacturers_id=6691

steam-starship-cover.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Someone on Facebook asked me to create a 100 ton starship (with Traveller stats) with more cargo space than a Type S, Scout and with most of its features. Because I used my Mantis hull design, included is a 1 ton, submersible turbo-caterpillar drive allowing for underwater travel (fast and silent), as well as flying through middle layers of gas giants and heavy atmosphere worlds, where standard maneuver drives fail - for evasion and escape purposes. The air/raft is a miniature of the ship which sits above the Skate starship (ladder accesses air/raft hatch).

Attachments

• skate-class-raider-trader-100-tons.jpg
    skate-class-raider-trader-100-tons.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,184

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
How about a retro hover taxi - has kind of a Fifth Element crossed with Brazil quality to it.

Makes me think... Corbin Dallas Multi-pass!

Attachments

• retro-hover-cab.png
    retro-hover-cab.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 571

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
What began as a retro hover taxi cab is turning into a fleet. I'm going to try to get 25 flying cars. Here's the first five - a cab, a police car, ambulance, heavy freight truck, garbage hauler truck. Moving right along...

Attachments

• retro-fleet-01.png
    retro-fleet-01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 611

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
25 Flying Car designs (with multiple paint jobs, with grunge and some are wrecked or exploding that don't count against the 25 total designs) made into 100 dpi PNG map tokens ready to use in your favorite mapping application or use in your favorite virtual tabletop application. The flood of cars I've been uploading is now available for purchase for $4.99. Includes a PDF explaining the details of the set, and a Zip file containing all objects in this set.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177715/25-SciFi-Flying-Cars--Map-Object-Set?src=slider_view

25-sci-fi-flying-cars-cover.jpg

Remove ads