Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I decided it was about time I created a fantasy map for a change from my sci-fi stuff. I'm calling this Stone Turtle Temple. I got the idea from a huge stone turtle statue featured in one of the multi-player levels in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare located at a South Korean Resort. This one is going to serve as a temple structure with interior passages and chambers cut from solid stone entering at the base, under the turtles head. The turtle is a 3D model I created, it features an unusually high shell (higher than normal). The grid shows 1 inch = 5 feet scale, so the turtle temple is huge. (Work-in-progress - interior levels to do next.)

View attachment stone-turtle-temple-compressed.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's the main interior level of the Stone Turtle Temple. Within the stairs at the entry coming out of the water is a curtained foyer with the altar room beyond it. Turtle statues sit in the niches and the altar itself. To the west side of the altar is a stairway leading up to the second level. Adjacent to the altar chamber on either side is a stair going down about 4 feet to corridors leading to the sacristy, reliquery and temple stores.

stone-turtle-temple-main-level.jpg

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Keeping it simple, here's the next level which apparently contains a sarcophagus for the builder, the first priest, a turtle man or some other thing. One more level above this one, which is an entry into the cellar level (?!) for the Stone Turtle Temple map...

stone-turtle-temple-next-level.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Last update for the Stone Turtle Temple. These comprise the top (third) floor which opens to a pit that drops to the water catacombs under the stone temple itself. In the water catacombs level, the circle at the center is at the base of the pit from the third floor and comprises the only area above the water - the rest of the catacombs are submerged. To the top right corner opens to a cave entrance in the deepest hole of the lake/river outside surrounding the turtle temple. When you rise above the water the turtle's head is directly overhead...

stone-turtle-temple-top-level.jpgstone-turtle-temple-water-catacombs.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a set of map objects to create sci-fi passages and junctions. So far, I've just created an octagonal junction of 8 passages (rare, I know, but I have to start somewhere). I plan to create airlocks between 2 passages, an "L" junction, a "T" junction between 3 passages, a 4 way, and of course some basic passages. I created two wall versions - one rusty, one Star Warsian, and 4 optional floors - open pit chute, grated floor with assemblies and piping beneath, a thread plate, and metal floors (each adjusted to the junction version).

octagonal-junctions.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Next additions to the sci-fi passage set: some square junctions, including 4-way, 3-way, 2-way "L", 2-way Straight, and 1-way, in this case elevator and shaft with elevator 4 floors down. Done in both "Star Warsian" and "Rust Bucket". These come with 5 ft door ways, and a 10 ft door way versions. I also created 10 ft door way versions of the octagons, not posted. Next I'm working on some passages and chambers... moving right along.

square-junctions.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Next are the first of the corridors, these using the Star Warsian theme. All corridors are 20 ft wide and come as short (50 ft long) and long (100 ft long) sections. Corridors feature vertical supports with a light tube in between at 7.5 ft intervals. Top 2 rows are corridors only, next rows are one and two doors on one side than the other, then doors on both sides. Also included a short corridor with stairs. I'll do the same for rust bucket theme, and include longer stairs, "jeffries tube with ladders", and a few other odds and ends.

corridors.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's a couple odds and ends. A short corridor with a half room sized niche on one side - some piece of hardware belongs here. Then two circular, 4-way intersections, one with a grated gangway with hand-rails over some power plant or something, the other just a circular intersection, both in "Star Warsian", will do Rust Bucket versions as well.

odds-n-ends.jpg

Remove ads