• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Games you've bought recently?

Asmor

First Post
Dominion just arrived... Box is bigger than I expected, but it uses it well. Call me a geek, but I love a game with a good storage solution, and this game delivers one of the coolest ever. Take a look!.

There's around 500 cards, including 10 each of 25 different "kingdom cards." But you only use 10 types of kingdom cards per game, meaning keeping them organized and easily findable is of the utmost importance. The plastic tray has tons of slots for holding the cards, works beautifully. Can't wait to play it...

Stone Age arrived yesterday. I've played it on BSW quite a few times, and it's weird seeing it in person. It's like meeting IRL someone you've known for a while online; familiar, but subtly different than what you expected. I'm also quite pleased to say that Stone Age provided a decent storage solution, actually providing 8 little baggies for holding all the figures and a segmented cardboard storage area. On the down side, the box doesn't close all the way! That's a bit disappointing. :( But still, very cool game, and it comes with a leather dice cup!

I've got Kingsburg coming soon, via a trade on Board Game Geek (I traded away my Betrayal at House on the Hill for it).

Tuesday (the night my college's game club meets) is going to be fun...

Ahzad

Explorer
I just picked up Killer Bunnies and the Journey to Jupiter board game, haven't played it yet but it looks to be fun. I'm a huge Killer Bunnies fan so I couldn't pass up another bunny game :lol:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Latest games:

Carcassonne: Cult, Siege and Creativity. Yet another mini-expansion.

Arkham Horror: Black Goat of the Wood. Another small expansion. Probably its best feature are the "difficulty modifier" cards which allow you to select how difficult the game is. Another Herald as well...

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization. This game is extremely well-regarded on BGG (#11). I'm really looking forward to playing it.

meomwt

First Post
Got hold of a couple of Cheapass games - Secret Tijuana Deathmatch and Jacob Marley, Esq- because we like Cheapass games, and they're generally fun. Cheap, but fun. And anyway, Secret Tijuana Deathmatch is a limited edition, because it uses bits that were destined for another game, but the print run of bits was higher than the number of games ordered!

Also got hold of the Knizia game King's Gate. This looks fun, though the two-player version looks a little difficult to manage.

Haven't had chance to play anyof these yet, though :.-(

Not sure if this counts but its non-RPG.... Heroclix. My kids found my stuff a few months back and ever since we play a bit each month. A friend of mine from the factory has interest in trying it out so who knows... I may get back into it again.

Adso

First Post
WoW...and I mean wow.

This past Friday I picked up a starter and a booster for the WoW minis game. I had heard some good things about it, but found myself pleasantly surprised to be strolling back into my FLGS the very next morning to pick up 4 more boosters.

There are some surprisingly interesting and fun bits of design in it. It doesn't over think what it doesn't have to. It has pretty simple rules, but engaging strategy, and it's a good-good looking game. It also does a fine job of emulating some of the computer game's tactics in a minis arena. Color me impressed. I think it is worth trying a game or two.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
New stuff:

Brass - superb Industrial Revolution game by Martin Wallace. It's Lancashire, and you're building coal mines, iron works, cotton mills, ports, shipyards, canals and railroads as the Industrial age starts! 3-4 players, 2-3 hours. I've played this once before and it's one of my Top 10 games at the moment. Lots and lots of fun, balancing income against gaining VPs and position.

Rails of Europe - the expansion to Railroad Tycoon, this one makes a much tighter game for 3-5 players. I've played it with 3 and 4 players so far, and each game has been very close and very enjoyable.

Memoir '44: Terrain Pack & Pacific Theatre - a light and really, really fun WW2 wargame that I play quite a bit of; these packs include more scenarios and bits for the game: the Terrain Pack has a lot of cardboard tiles and chits to allow more complicated boards; the Pacific Theatre adds the Japanese and gives rules for the USMC. I'm playing through PT with Randy at the moment, and it's very different to the base game and the Eastern Theatre. :)

Cheers!

Coyraven

First Post
Dominion - I liked MtG when it first came out, and enjoy other card games. This seems like a natural fit.

Formula D - I have only played Formula De once, but it was a lot of fun. A new edition? I am in.

Wasabi - My only new addition that I have actually gotten to play. It is very lite, but it is fun for a game or two. The gf enjoys it. I only wish more was done with the actual wasabi cubes. Such nice components that are barely of use. It almost strikes me as a gimmick.

Yesterday, I ordered a pile of board games as x-mas gifts, but I also ordered Blokus Trigon for me.

CR

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads