Games?

Queenie, I hope you don't mind if I pose this question.

So what are we thinking in terms of games? If we have the amount that we have listed that are coming (just counting Psion and daughter right now) that is about 9 people.

How do we want to work games? Do we do 2 a slot and have one with 4 players and one with 3?

I am only asking so that GM's who decide to run 2 (if we do the 2 game slots) have time to prep both.

Cassander

First Post
Do we even know we'll have 9?

I really hope Lori comes, but she hasn't confirmed as definite. Unless, of course, you guys plan to bring her at gun point, of which I heartily approve. :devil:

And is Psion's daughter confirmed? And do we know if she's going to want to do gaming?

I'll be running a Lady Blackbird sequel/spinoff for Queenie, Fenris, Frai, and Lori, but I can fit that in when needed. I haven't posted it yet since it's all reserved and until I got a better idea of how many people would be there and what not.

Do we even know we'll have 9?

I really hope Lori comes, but she hasn't confirmed as definite. Unless, of course, you guys plan to bring her at gun point, of which I heartily approve. :devil:

And is Psion's daughter confirmed? And do we know if she's going to want to do gaming?

I'll be running a Lady Blackbird sequel/spinoff for Queenie, Fenris, Frai, and Lori, but I can fit that in when needed. I haven't posted it yet since it's all reserved and until I got a better idea of how many people would be there and what not.

I am just trying to pick best case senario. Either way: Qualidar, Psion (possibly his daughter) and I would be left with no game, so we would have to run something or play board games (not that I have a problem with that, but good to know.)

I think it would be best to plan ahead. Lori already said that she will know much closer to the date, so we should plan as if she is coming and go from there. With Psion's daughter, we will have to check with him. If she comes, I assume she is coming to play. But I can't be 100% positive. By the time we know, we may have very little time left to plan games. If Lori can not make it we do some last minute shuffling, which IMHO is easier than adding and throwing together games.

I know Psion may run new stuff and Qualidar and I are running new stuff so we need the time to prep. (I know I always prep extra characters. So I will have some if players are added.) And if we have to run 2, there is prepping the second game to consider.

Psion

Adventurer
If Jasmine comes, she'll be playing, but be warned: she's still sort of a passive participant when it comes to RPGs.

I am just trying to pick best case senario. Either way: Qualidar, Psion (possibly his daughter) and I would be left with no game, so we would have to run something or play board games (not that I have a problem with that, but good to know.)
(...)
I know Psion may run new stuff and Qualidar and I are running new stuff so we need the time to prep. (I know I always prep extra characters. So I will have some if players are added.) And if we have to run 2, there is prepping the second game to consider.

If you need someone to run a game for the smaller group:
1) I can run a simple game like Lady Blackbird or Danger Patrol.
2) I can reprise the Fantasy Craft game I'll be making for DCGD.
3) I can do something for Spirit of the Century (or my Jupiter variant) or Diaspora.

Or I can bring along a card game like Killer Bunnies (fun!) or a B-movie game (also fun!)

Qualidar was saying the same thing.

I have never played Killer Bunnys. Will I become as addicted as I did with the last game you and your wonderful wife introduced me to?

I have always wanted to try Spirit of the Century! Plus anything Pulp is win.

If you want to do that, I will play whatever is easier for you. If you don't feel like running Qualidar mentioned coming up with something for a small group.

I hope Jasmine is coming, I would love to meet her.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Course i don't mind!

I haven't responded yet because I'm still drug addled from the surgery (and apparently have an infection) and haven't been able to figure out yet what to do. I'm not sure about Lori but I think everyone else is a definite on that list. Also, molonel said he would try his best to make it and usually Truth Seeker comes out, though he is a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to the gamedays, lol.

I wanted to make a post in the main part of the board advertising it and also the Facebook page like I normally do I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do in terms of game break-up / down.

I know, not very helpful, I'm sorry.

Cassander

First Post
In terms of games flexibility, I'll have my Orc and Pie Dread game ready by then and it should be runnable with 2 or more players as a pickup game.

Frai also has a cool survival horror Dread game that's especially made for 2 players. She can either DM it alone or with me also running some NPCs (done it both ways).

Remove ads