• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Gaming Aids] Sound effects

Do you use a specific program or have you done the mixing yourself?

I just run two media players on my laptop at the same time, and set them to shuffle. I've gathered a vast library of sound effects over the years, and I just toss them in a play list, and play both at the same time.

Occasionally I'll also use Goldwave to mix some sounds together myself. For example, a few months ago I needed the sound of an intense magical battle. So I mixed together some random sound effects of spells being cast, with random sounds of explosions and fireworks, together with clashing swords, and there you go. Just set that baby to loop, and play some music along with it.

tsotate

First Post
It drives me nuts when my DM tries to use sound effects. My characters have high Perception, but I'm hard of hearing. I probably won't hear the effects, and background music just means I can't hear the DM or other players, either.

I always use background music, but I tend to tailor it to the campaign rather than the events in the adventure. I’ve got enough going on without having to worry about the song matching that particularly moment.

As far as sound effects, I’ve thought about it. I’m a musician, and have the tools to do so. But I’ve yet to actually give it a try.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads