• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming Food

TGryph

Explorer
Various Chips and Chip-Type foods (pretzels, Cheezits, etc)
Chips and Slasa (almost always)
Little Debbie Snack Cakes (mmm....Oatmeal pies...)

TGryph

Festivus

First Post
I fired up the BBQ last session and cooked up some burgers, hotdogs and chickendogs to be consumed. In addition, we had some tortilla chips, salsa and popcorn at the table.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Pizza, Mc Ds, Taco Bell, chips, chocolate, Haagen Daz ice cream bars....

well OK. That was before my heart attack. (no joke BTW...if you have a gut, be careful...watching my wife crying while the docs scrambled to get ready to de-fib me was no picnic.)
*end of public service message*

Now its veggie tray w/salsa, light salted pretzels, celery w/ light cream cheese, and once in a while a steaming pot of lean chili.

(and everyone else has Pizza, Mc Ds, chips, chocolate, and Haagen Daz ice cream bars. :\ )

Fishbone

First Post
Gamer Communion: Pizza and Grape Soda.
Fruit and Vegetables:Cheap, not greasy or messy, easy storage
Pretzels:Get from the dollar store, 2 dollars will set you up for a relatively healthy and clean snack, and a good 2 or 3 pounds of the stuff to boot.
Homemade jerky:Nuff said.

Sykopup

First Post
freebfrost said:
It varies, but the usual staples of my afternoon group include:

Spaghetti
Hamburgers
Brauts & sausages
Beef Stew
Chicken burritos and tortilla soup
Pork or beef roast
Chicken breast sandwiches
Lasagna

With various sides, chips, and drinks.

My evening crew is a bit on the lighter side for food, but I typically make a large veggie tray for that.

Would you adopt me into your group (afternoon preferrably)? When my group shows up, I start feeling like a swarm of locus invaded. I've actually had to slap hands and tell them to stay out of the food I need for lunchtime at work. I don't mind sharing my food, but when you have to hide stuff just so you will have something eat at work, something's wrong.

That said, when I can convince them to chip in, we go the pizza route. I also make a pretty decent bean dip. Once that's gone, however, the swarm is back.

I'm not bitter. I'm not bitter. I'm not bitter.

Harmon

First Post
BYOM- BBQ (usually only during the summer though)

Pizza

Sodas

The wife and I have been known to make grilled roost beef Sand Witches

Lazy Onya comes up once in a while

Chips

Once in a while someone will "Go Get" fast food, or something like that, but that is seldom.

sixfootunderpb

First Post
our group does ALOT of different things..order take out, we do the bbq thing, sometimes we actually plan a pot luck from each person..

my favorite would have to be the mexican food nights, and we have a really cool indian food place not to far away..that gives a cool feel while playing, just alittle messy..lol

Nyaricus

First Post
Chips
Pop
Pizza
Candies
Bottled Water (I am trying to cut cut down on pop ;))

We also actually have a Table Rule called The Rule of Brian. The rule states that if we are ordering pizza, one must be Meat Lovers. Period.

Works for me :p

Sidekick

First Post
Hmm we play evenings (6.30-10ish) so it depends.

the usuals
* corn chips & dips or someother crisp related food
* Jaffa cakes or something similar
* Donuts/Chocolate
* Beer in summer

The we often have something like
* chicken drumsticks
* Pita bread and fillings
* Once we got chicken Teriyaki w rice.

The french guy in my group seriously kicks arse - when he decides to cook something for us, then he COOKS!

Remove ads