• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming group scheduling: what do you use?

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
A regular schedule is the most important thing to work around kids, spouse/dates, school/work, etc. Other than that, email and phone have always worked fine for occasional fine tuning.

If all else fails, shock collars and mind control fungus usually yield consistent (albeit ethically questionable) results.

Lalato

Adventurer
My old group used EpicWords.com to track the campaign and to keep people posted on scheduling. It worked well, but I should note that we had a set day each week for the game. We tended to use the site for out of game interaction... and to do some in-character banter.

I think the suggestion for google/yahoo groups is also a good one. You could also try using a google calendar while you're at it. That said, nothing is better than saying something like "We meet every other Wednesday night".

--sam

Quickleaf

Legend
All great suggestions, plus you could create an ENWorld group if they're all on this site.

Also, we just used Skype for an absent player (he was in Taiwan) for the first time. It went surprisingly well! And it was definitely entertaining :)
We had an iCamera to give him a close up of the maps 'n minis, and we set up a chat so he could roll online and our DM could see the results.

Just throwing it out there!

xipetotec

First Post
In a few weeks I'm going to be starting up the first new campaign I've run in decades, for a group of folks who all live in a widely-spread out geographic area. We're all going to get together face-to-face, but now that we're all 40+ with the usual real-life time constraints (spouses, jobs, kids, etc.), scheduling these get-togethers is going to be a bit tough. I thought I'd avail myself of anything the Internet has to offer with regard to synching up with the players, and was wondering what other gamers do to conquer this thorny problem.

I've thought about setting up either some kind of Google Calendar with shared access so folks could post the dates they're available (or maybe more simply, which ones they won't be able to make), or possibly a Google Docs form where everybody could answer a form listing the dates that would work for them, & run from there. Thoughts?

I've been using private events in Facebook. maybe not the most efficient, but at least it lets me know who has accepted and is coming and I can message out to everyone if anything changes.

Remove ads