• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Roronoa

First Post
Yep, that's what I had in mind. Its far from unbeatable, and there are any number of strategies that would render a 'hole in the middle' AMF ineffective, without being particularly strong against the other players (i.e. a tiny opponent could just fly into my character's space, or worse, an Arcane Archer could use Imbue Arrow to hit my character with spell effect without mine being able to return the favor.

Anyway, I'm thinking of bagging the idea since other players are uncomfortable with it. Also, getting into Archmage would eat up a bunch of feats.

I'm not saying your antimagic field trick isn't beatable, I'm saying that by using it you force the DM to change every encounter to deal with it or have them all be pretty much useless. Just because 5 things can beat you doesn't mean you negate another 100. There are 20th level characters that can defeat Great Prismatic Wyrms, that doesn't mean its fair to send that dragon against a party of level 20 characters. Besides, the DM did state no cheap tricks in his origional post, and as much as I am not saying you are trying to abuse the system here, and as much as the concept is amusing, thats basically what it is.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Oh Jemal i know i wasn't supposed to post yet (as i haven't picked all of my spells and i still have to pay the price for the scrolls and deduct it from the gold) but i figured that i don't need to know what spells Sila has memorized right now as we are RPing the initial encounter between party members (and there will not be any combat as of right now). I hop that's ok, i am so hooked on this game i will pick out the spells today while at work (I start work at 6am california time, so there will be some time for me to do it while the USA sleeps :D) Also, i'm thinkin of filling her bag of holding with good old mundane items. One never knows... Oh, and i have to pick the 5 high arcanas, one will be mastery of shaping obviously, the other one or two will be 9th level spells castable as spell like abilities. I'll make up the rest by today though.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Instant Refuge: Teleport me to the Tower if: Dying, Unconscious, Reduced to 10% HP (18HP as of now), Imprisoned (spell), Level Drained to 1/4 Character level (lvl 5 as of now), Grappled/Pinned for more than 10 rounds

Jemal do you agree to these conditions for the spell (listed in the Spell Compendium, it seems to be a lightweight Elminster's Evasion)

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
ishalleatyourflesh - I think your hide check is 1 off: 1+61-5-20= 37

Not a big deal, but could be significant if any of them get a 36...

Roronoa

First Post
Myth, the only problem you might run into with your instant refuge spell is that Jemal put a restriction on teleportation magic, meaning he might not even allow that spell.

as to my hide being one off the original number counts the 1 that it rolled. if nat ones are -20 are they -20 to the result or does the 1 count as a -20 if it is -20 to the roll then yes i am off but if the -20 replaces the one rolled then no i'm not. it would actually be -21.

Jemal

Adventurer
Myth - As Rorona said, I'm trying to keep teleportation to a minimum, so I'm gonna have to veto instant refuge.

Also as it looks like combat is rather likely at this point, please refrain from posting anything combat related (Such as initiative, buffs, actions, etc) until your character is finished.

Salth/Flesh - Flesh is correct, the -20 replaces the 1 rolled for skill checks.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jemal- no one has volunteered yet... so I may end up losing those items. Do I need an entire background or just for the ring? I was alittle confused by that part.

Jemal

Adventurer
Everyone - I have a few things to do before I post the next IC update, and I work in 3 hours, so it may have to wait till after work.

Onlythestrong - Just items that cost 200,000 or more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads