• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

ethandrew

First Post
Jemal, I'll adjust my post accordingly, though I fear after Invisible Castle gave me the proverbial shaft on my rolls that it's a moot point anyway.

Jemal

Adventurer
Myth -
5'steps never provoke AoO's.
If you're asking about Feral threatening Silv's spellcasting, then yes that move would make you safe assuming he doesn't have reach.
You could also try to Cast Defensively (See the concentration skill).

re: Dragon Magic/Scrolls - Sure, but as with any non-core material, you'd have to find it in game (Wouldn't be very difficult, but you can't just walk into a random shop in X town and say "scroll of Arcane Spell Surge, please"

Re: Shapechange - You need to read the spell, there's a lot of little nuances that would take too long to explain via text. As far as what creatures you can turn into - Any creature in the Monsters Manual of 22HD or less that you know about. (Either something you've seen or can make a knowledge check to identify).
For example if you wanted to turn into a Greater Earth Elemental, you'd have to make a Knowledge:planes check DC 31(10+21 HD). For an Adult Green Dragon you'd need a Knowledge: Arcana DC 30(10+20hd). You can take 20 on these checks.

I allow non-monsters manual creatures only if you see them in Game.
(BTW, no you cannot use Templates on the creatures you change into)

Also to everybody - when asking questions about your characters could you guys please include their name? It's hard to keep 10 Characters's straight with the right player. *L*

Roronoa

First Post
I've seen a few posts asking about the Factotum's ability to negate SR. This ONLY applies to the factotum. Also, in case anyone was wondering about this ability, it also allows the factotum to ignore DR.

rpgramen

First Post
Excuse my belatedness. Been busy, as I mentioned earlier. Don't have time to post or anything, but I figured I'll try and answer some of the Factotum-esque questions pitched.

Yes, the Bear's SR is down until the start of the next round (or the start of Sabastian's next round, if Jemal is looking at more of a full-spectrum point-of-view) and will continue to auto-fail Spell Resistance-based things. Its DR is also nil till' the start of the next turn, so have at it.

As per Sabastian's next turn, he'll attempt to escape the grapple via Escape Artist if possible. If not, he'll draw steel and wail on the furry fiend till' it lets go or kills him.

Roronoa

First Post
The ignoring SR and DR lasts for one round. But once again, its not useful to anyone else since is only effects that factotum's spells and attacks.

Rathan

First Post
I just wanted to let you know Jemal that I will not be around sat. past noonish... I may be able to get a post in if I need to have one in before noon sat. but my night is spoken for..... mmmm LARP.... hehe I should be back laaate sat. night or sunday afternoon....

Jemal

Adventurer
Just looked at the Factotum entry, and Roronoa appears to be correct, the cunning breach ONLY applies to the factotum, it says "YOU ignore the targets DR/SR, and it gets no SR check against YOUR spells"

Hmm... that last part is rather redundant.. if you ignore its SR, then why does it have to state that it automatically fails the SR check against your spells? *shrug*

Ethandrew - Oroz's buff lasts so long as as you remain within 60' of him and can hear him, plus 5 rounds after. (Assuming he maintains it, which I do not believe requires any action, just making sound.)

*EDIT:
Just waiting on Myth to post Siliv's attempts to break free.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
ER, Shayuri, I just noticed the Freedom of Movement thing - Just a note, don't hate me, but Freedom of Movement only works on MAGICAL paralysis.

SRD said:
This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web. The subject automatically succeeds on any grapple check made to resist a grapple attempt, as well as on grapple checks or Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin.

The spell also allows the subject to move and attack normally while underwater, even with slashing weapons such as axes and swords or with bludgeoning weapons such as flails, hammers, and maces, provided that the weapon is wielded in the hand rather than hurled. The freedom of movement spell does not, however, allow water breathing.
It has three effects: Immunity to grapple, move normally under water, ignore magical movement impeeding effects.

The reason I bring this up is b/c the monk is using an extraordinary paralyzing attack (The feat "Freezing the Lifeblood" from Complete Warrior).

Fortunately the falling damage will be negated by your DR.

Last edited:

Remove ads