• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

From the woods by the light comes a shout. "Well if you insist!"
[sblock=for the dm's eye's only][sblock=hey jemal] The light causes Damien to pause for a second, then with a shout he dives for the bushes. "Well if you insist!" As he dives for cover he drops his wand of divine power, it swings from the chain it's attached to. He replaces it with his wand of force orb. After hitting the groud he pauses.
[sblock=OOC] Damien tumbles out of D's reach into the bushes and makes a hide check with a move silent as well. I'll stay with in 30" and ready an action to shoot D if he casts a spell or moves out of the 30 feet. i don't know how many tumble checks so i'll make two the hide check and then the move silent.
first tumble 1d20+31=37
second tumble 1d20+31=48
Hide check 1d20+61=66
move silent 1d20+61=63 [/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Adamas - HP: 107/243 - AC: 41
F: 21 R: 21 W: 12

Getting to the point of absurdity and extreme pain Adamas is not quite sure how much longer he'll be able to withstand much more of this barrage. He tries to force all of his energy out in a series of twists and wiggles, changing tactics from his previous attempts.

Okay, I rolled poorly this time to a tune of 40, 36, 24, and 21. I'm not sure if Oroz's sacrifice-AC-for-Attack-Bonus applies to grapple checks, if it does, bump all those up 20 and take his AC down to 21.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel frowned at the bruises the feral man inflicted on her body - he was aiming at what he thought were vital spots and pressure points, but that had little effect on the Elf's transcended body. In fact, now she was as much Fire Elemental as she was a Sun Elf. Her eyes exploded with yellow light as she cast a vengeful gaze towards the feral man. "You lack intelligence, that much is apparent." the woman snapped at her opponent and slid backwards, to escape his reach.

She then uttered a single powerful word, tied to the very foundations of magic - "Baeler", and immediately continued with her favorite spell yet again, this time channeling the energies trough the powerful silver rod in her left hand. Out of her outstretched right hand flew out the familiar four white-hot meteors and exploded at Rho's location, spreading an inferno in a fourty foot radius from his position. Fortunately, Silivrenniel still managed to protect her allies due to her skill as an Archmage.

[sblock]
Hit Points: 89/181 AC: 25 Touch AC: 14 Flat-footed: 21 Spell Resistance: 18 (Robe), Evasion (ring)

Immunity: fire, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking

Posesses Darkvision 60ft, Arcane sight (via Permanency) See Invisibility (via Permanency) Tongues (via Permanency)

Caster Level: 18 + 3 (Spell Power) + 1 (Ioun stone) + 2 (robe) + 4 (Energy Penetration: Fire) + 2 (Spell Enhancer) = 24(base)/26(vs SR only)/30(Fire vs SR)

Spell DC: 10 + Spell Level + 13 (Int) + 2 (Energy Focus: Fire) + 1 (Spell Focus: Evocation/Conjuraton) + 1 (Spell Enhancer)

Summary of this round: Meteor Swarm
(Enhanced, Empowered) vs Rho: 6+15=21, 14+15=29, 9+15=24, 11+15= 26

Spell DC: 36 (reflex half)
Caster Level: 30 vs Rho, 40 vs drow and feral

Actions:
Takes 5 foot step East

Casts: Spell Enhancer (swift action) => Meteor Swarm which is also empowered by the Rod of Metamagic Empower. Targets Rho but the area catches both the bear and the feral. Uses Mastery of Shaping to exclude the good guys from the blast area.

Greater Blink:
20/22 rounds

Spells Used: Assay Spell Resistance 2/3, Meteor Swarm SLA 2/2, Energy Admixtured (cold) Cone of Cold 1/2, Rod of Greater Empower - 2/3, Spell Enhancer 1/3[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Stepping back from the feral looking man, Chevik points his finger and chants in a dark sounding voice, "Perditio."

[sblock=Combat Actions]Casting Destruction on the Feral.

SR Check: 43
Fort Save DC: 26
If fail = completely destroyed; If Save damage = 10d6 = 36

Let's here it for a 1 on ferals save! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Buffs etc] Analyze Dweomer: Duration 20rds

Daily Buffs:
Divine Insight (SC): 1hr/lvl - +15 Insight bonus to single skill check then discharged
Greater Magic Weapon: 1hr/lvl - +5 Enhancement bonus to Mace
Nondetection: 1hr/lvl (DC35 to overcome)
Conviction (SC): 10min/lvl - +5 Morale bonus to all Saves
Lore of the Gods - Extended: 20min/lvl - +10 Insight bonus to all Knowledge checks
Spell Resistance: 32 (Persisted with Divine Metamagic)
Bless: +1 Morale to Attacks and Save vs Fear - 20 min

Permanent Effects:
See Invisibility 120'
Comprehend Languages

HP: 147
AC: 34, Touch: 19, FF: 29
SR: 32
Energy Resist: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic - 10

Darkvision 60'[/sblock]

Last edited:

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz takes a step to the side so he can continue flanking his opponent and swings his weapon at some more with mighty, but overall uneffective blows as he maintains a priority on defense.

[sblock=OOC] Oroz takes a 5 ft step to flank Rho and full rounds.

He attacks Rho with full expertise, fighting defensily, defending on his weapon, and power attack.

Attacks (-12, -17, -22, -27) No hits.

Combat Stats:
Ref: +15
Fort: +32
Will: +12
AC: 65 = 10 Base + 6 Dex + 9 Armor + 5 Deflection + 7 Shield + 5 Defending + 20 Expertise + 3 Fighting Defensivly
HP: 295 + 25 Temperary HP
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Initiative]
-Round 5-
Currently To Act: Sigil, Arineil, Sabastian
*If RPGRamen's hasn't returned/posted by the tiem Sigil & Arineil are posted I'll NPC Sabastian.*

Initiative Order:
Sigil 24
Arineil 21
Sabastian 19
Rho 18A
Feral 18B
Bear 13
Raven 12
Adamas 11a
Silivrenniel 11b
Oroz 10
Chevik 9
D - 5
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
========-----========
===XX===-----========
===XX======c========
==sm=g==a===========
==33=======2========
======11DDD==v======
======11DDD=========
=====o==DDD=========
====================
====================
====================
====================
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@ R@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Legend:
= 5' square
@ Forest
- Building(Cabin)
X=Fire
1=Rho(Large)
2=Feral
3=Bear(Large, Formerly Drow) -Note: Top 2 squares occupied by Sabastian and Adamas-
s=Sabastian
g=Sigil (25' in air)
A=Celestial Arineil
m=Adamas(the Myth)
v=Silivrenniel
o=Oroz (30' in air)
c=Chevik
R=Raven
D=GREEN DRAGON!!(50' in air)
[/sblock]
[sblock=raven]Raven hides and pulls out his wand, preparing to blast the dragon. It does, indeed take off(See later), and Raven's orb chases it into the sky, striking it's tail painfully.[/sblock]
Adamas begins to see the end approaching as he is unable to escape from this beast; this man-eating, slobbering wretch that has him seemingly at its mercy while the others deal with the bears companions.

The fiery archmage unleashes another quartet of meteors at Rho, but the Son of War is not as distracted this time, and manages to avoid the brunt of the attack, as they explode, flames once again consuming the clearing.

Oroz continues attempting to defensively distract Rho as Chevik unleashes his destruction upon the Feral. The spell seems to harm the man, but does not finish him.

"FINE, you little runt, be that way." From the woods comes a roar of frustration and pain, and a Massive form shoots from the trees, raising a few dozen feet into the air before spreading its large wings and swooping towards the battle.

The creature is now seen as a Huge winged lizard with dark emerald scales. A greenish smoke bellows from its mouth as it shouts downwards.
[sblock=draconic]"Are you guys done getting your asses kicked out here OR do I have to do all the work?"[/sblock]
The dragon inhales deeply and exhales a greenish gas across the field. Though it coils around and does not seem to bother the Feral, it burns painfully for Arineil, Chevik, and Silivrenniel.

[sblock=ooc]
OK, firstly you're probly wondering about the dragon, so..

As 20th level characters, you are all easily able to identify that this is a huge-sized green dragon and you know the dragon basics (They tend to have SR, high strength, good natural armour, spellcasting, etc).
However anybody with knowledge Arcanna/bardic knowledge/lore, please link your roll and you know whichever of the following you make the DC on:
[sblock=DC 25]Green dragons are immune to acid and breath a cone of corrosive(Acid) gas
[sblock=DC 39]This Dragon appears to be a Very Old(29 HD) Male.
[sblock=DC 44]Base Very Old Green Dragon AC is 36
[sblock=DC 49]Very Old Green Dragons have SR 25
[sblock=DC 50+]If you rolled this high, feel free to read the the Monsters Manual page 74/75 statistics for Very Old Green Dragon. Also, you can tell that this dragon seems much healthier than the norm for his race(Max HP)[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Also, [sblock=Spot DC 25]
The dragon appears to be fairly wounded, over half dead.[/sblock]
Unfortunately for Adamas, Attack bonuses do not apply to grapple checks. :(
Hopefully one of your friends will get you out soon.. or you'll get luckier.
[sblock=ethandrew]
I have a bit of 'divine insight' for you. The bears grapple check is 17 higher than yours, so getting free is statistically unlikely. One option you do have, however, is activating your instant fortress. The Upside: it'll seperate you and the bear in its sudden growth (DM Ruling says so), as well as dealing the bear 10d10 damage from the growth.
The downside: You and Sabastian will also be taking DC 19 reflex saves vs 10d10 physical damage.
Just thought I'd give you an option that isn't 'roll a bunch of dice and hope'
*Alternately, the Feral may solve your problem for you, depending on what Arineil/Sigil do.*
(Also BTW, I hadn't planned on the bear grappling you, he was supposed to run around disrupting spellcasters, but the feeblemind botched those plans. sry bout that.)[/sblock]

Silivrenniel's meteor swarm attacks WOULD all miss Rho, but you forgot the buffs you're getting from party. The second and fourth hit him (but after this it's as posted, so don't forget again ;) ).
Rho makes both of the saves he's allowed. Bear makes 2 (both Thanks to the +2 for shaping around his victims). Feral only makes 1.
You forgot your damage again, btw, so...
Silivrenniels Meteor Swarm (6d6=18, 6d6=23, 6d6=19, 6d6=26)
Meteor Impact vs Rho (2d6=11, 2d6=8)
Before Resistances: Rho takes 68(evasion), Bear takes 65, Feral takes 60(evasion)

Feral makes the save vs Destruction, takes 36 damage.

Raven's Force Orb vs Dragon (1d20+20=32, 10d6=39) dragon takes 39 damage.

Roronoa - I'm not sure who you think Oroz is flanking with, you're currently the only one in melee range of Rho, since he stepped away from Arineil. I'll assume you moved south to flank him if/when Arineil steps in.

Arineil, Chevik, and Silivrenniel need Reflex saves (DC 34) vs Dragons Acid Breath (18d6=55)

Everybody:
[sblock=Badguy Conditions]
Rho Appears to be 60-70% dead
Feral Appears to be 50% dead
Bear Appears to be 50% dead
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Slightly shocked at seeing a green colored dragon burst from the woods before him and descend on the group, Chevik quickly scans his mind for what he knows about green dragons of this size and tries to jump out of the way of the cloud of gas descending on him, Araneil, and the elven mage.

[sblock=OOC]Chevik is wearing a Necklace of Adaptation. Would that stop this gas attack also? Just checking...

Here are my rolls for Knowledge Arcana (66 result), Lore (50), Reflex Save (33) So if the Necklace doesn't work I'll take full Acid - 10 from my ring [/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Refl Save for the Acid: 1d20+13=29 (I take -10 from that due to Acid resistance 10... so 45 Dmg)

Arineil glows bright with her golden aura.... she is now relentless in her attacks on Rho... she only takes a split second to try and dodge some of the acidic gas sprayed onto her as she takes a five foot step south west to face Rho once more.... "No this one is NOT done having his ass handed to him.. I promise you that.." Arineil utters as she shrugs off the pain of the gas as she gives Rho another full barrage of slashes from her Kornnia.... Arineil would ask for healing but that was not her way.... she knew it would not be a fair fight if she got help with healing and Rho did not... she wanted this to be her most valorous fight to date, Heironeous had blessed her and she was to show him what she could do.... she wanted to FEEL Rho's heart stop beating before her eyes.....

[sblock=Actions:]Five foot step southwest to face Rho once more
Full Round Attack (with -20 to AC and +20 to attack) 1d20+61=72, 1d20+56=58, 1d20+51=54, 1d20+46=61
Damage Respectively: 2d4+27=33, 2d4+27=34, 2d4+27=30, 2d4+27=31
Holy Damage Respectively: 2d6=7, 2d6=7, 2d6=7, 2d6=4

EDIT: Note those attacks and damage should be TWO higher as I forgot I'm at +4 str from the half-celestial template at the moment... sorry it's new to me so I completely forgot it...

The Attacks to hit totals are as follows: 74, 60, 56, 63
And Damage totals are as follows: 35, 36, 32, 33

Again sorry about this...[/sblock]
[sblock=Specials]HP: 175 / 363, AC: 28, SR 40, DR 8/-, See Invis. DarkVision 60 ft, Uncanny Dodge (Dex to AC), Improved Uncanny Dodge (Can't be flanked by anything with less than 14 rogue levels, Immune to Criticals, Freedom of Movement from Ring) Rage Rounds: 13/14 Bonus: +4 Str [34] (+12) +4 Con [32] (+11) -2 AC (Already figured in this round) Bloodline Rounds: 9/10 rounds[/sblock]

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel tried to remove herself from the path of the noxious vapors, but a Dragon joining the fight was too much of a distraction as it is. The Elven mage was well versed in a lot of languages since her training with her master so many years ago. She now hissed a reply with her skin still burning from the acidic vapors.

[sblock=Draconic]Joining the losing side is not common for a creature of your intellect.[/sblock]

Silivrenniel was well versed in all manner of lore, Green Dragons making no exception. She knew the beast was old and strong, and was prepared to secure herself against it's attacks.

"Will healing be dispatched soon or must I do everything myself?" The Elven spellcaster asked her allies with an obviously disgruntled tone, while clenching the spot where acid had irritated her skin severely.

[sblock]
Hit Points: 34/181 AC: 25 Touch AC: 14 Flat-footed: 21 Spell Resistance: 18 (Robe), Evasion (ring)

Immunity: fire, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking

Posesses Darkvision 60ft, Arcane sight (via Permanency) See Invisibility (via Permanency) Tongues (via Permanency)

Reflex Save: 13+15=28, takes 22.5 damage due to Evasion. Knowledge: Arcana: 16+37=53 (knows everything) edited for wrong use of evasion.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Myth, unless you have Improved Evasion, you either take full damage or no damage from area blasts. Only Improved Evasion gives you half damage on a failed save.)

Sigil scowls on seeing that her foes appear strong enough to resist her cursebolts. She could keep pelting them, but it might be wiser to help in other ways, as the others with her seem adept at doing damage.

With that in mind, she swoops down to touch Adamas' shoulder. Keeping a wary eye on the bear, she says gently, "Lets get you out of here."

Sparkles of light enfold them both. Adamas seems to vanish completely, but Sigil remains where she was, hovering just in front of the might bear defenseless!

(Move: Fly down to space adjacent to Adamas. Standard: Make touch "attack" in conjunction with Flee The Scene to teleport him out. Touch: 26 Roll Lookup Defense casting of Flee The Scene (DC 24 for 4rth level spell equivalent: 24! Roll Lookup ) Though since a bear doesn't threaten the area around it when it grapples, defensive casting may not be necessary. Destination square: the space underneath and to the right of V on the map, so that Rho's bulk gives some visual cover and stops the bear from charging us again, and so V is giving some cover from Feral dude.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads