• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Initiative]
-Round 5-
Currently To Act: Raven, Adamas, Silivrenniel, Oroz, Chevik

Initiative Order:
Sigil 24
Arineil 21
Sabastian 19
Feral 18A
Rho 18B
Bear 13
Raven 12
Adamas 11a
Silivrenniel 11b
Oroz 10
Chevik 9
D - 5
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
========-----========
===XX===-----========
===XX======c========
==S33G===2==========
===33===A===========
======11DDD==v======
======11DDD===mg====
=====o==DDD=========
====================
====================
====================
====================
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@ R@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Legend:
= 5' square
@ Forest
- Building(Cabin)
X=Fire
1=Rho(Large)
2=Feral
3=Bear(Large)
S=Sabastian (Unconscious)
g=Sigil
g=Image of Sigil
A=Celestial Arineil
m=Adamas(the Myth)
v=Silivrenniel
o=Oroz
c=Chevik
R=Raven
D=GREEN DRAGON(50' in air!)*
[/sblock]

Sigil swoops down to land by the bear, narrowly avoiding its tentacle as the thing snaps at her. As she moves close enough to grab Adamas and teleport him to safety, she notes something strangely familiar about the 'tentacle' when it snaps past her.

Over in the center of the clearing, facing Rho, Arineil unleashes with her mighty falchion, empowered by the heart-wrenching pain of Oroz and the immortal power of Heironeous. Her blade crashes through several of the warrior's magical defenses, but ultimately his magics keep him relatively safe, with the Celestial only managing to connect solidly with a single blow...though that one blow strikes deeply.

Realizing he is alone in the bears grasp now, Sabastian stabs at it repeatedly, hoping to make it rethink it's grasp - But the angered bear ignores the minor scratches and angrily mauls the man into unconsciousness before turning his anger on the Warlock who stole the rest of his dinner.

Rho grimaces, one hand going to the deep gash Arineil has just opened in his abdomen, and coming away wet with blood. "Woman, you have no idea whom you're facing. I don't know how you ascended, but NOBODY beats me!" He flings his hand out, his blood flying towards Sigil and coalescing into a quintet of magical darts and two rays of pulsing light, resembling a pair of snakes as they strike at the celestial woman. The missiles and one snake manage to breach her magical resistance as Rho strikes once again with his giant staff. As he assaults her, he shouts instructions to his companions.
[sblock=draconic]"AUST, Do something about those damned mages or get over here and help me! Cieryl, Shake's been feebleminded, can you fix it?"[/sblock]
Laughing as his staff connects repeatedly with the Celestial's form, Rho taunts the woman "You are far too reckless to be a true warrior." Though he sneers cockily at her, his hand moves once again to his bloody side as he winces in pain.

The feral man nods at Rho, then winks at Silivrenniel "Later babe". He holds up a Rod in one hand, channeling magic into it as he dashes towards Chevik. The feral's knee connects solidly wth the priests groin and before the poor man can recover, the Feral is gone again,

[sblock=ooc]
The bear takes one attack as Sigil approaches, but misses.
[sblock=Shayuri]
I've been randomly rolling each round and you drew the lucky straw. Up close, Sigil recognizes the tentacle-like appendage protruding from the beast as that of a Choker.. Why or how a choker's arm is melded onto a shape-shifted bear, however, is another mystery.
[/sblock]
Also, a note about your placement - The dragon is 50' in the air(As noted on the map), so won't be blocking any line of sight. Fortunately though, it doesn't matter as the bear spent his turn attacking Sabastian and then your image, just something to keep in mind.

Arineil hits three times, but Greater Blink stops two of them. Rho takes 42.

Sabastian Attacks vs bear (1d20+47=52, 1d20+42=60, 1d20+37=57, 1d20+3=18) *That last one should be +32, the 2 got cut off, so it's actually AC 47*.
Sabastian Damage (1d6+10=12, 1d6+10=12, 1d6+10=14, 1d6+10=11)
Bear takes 49 damage. His corresponding actions are DM Fiat to remove Sabastian from the encounter without killing him, and then attack the image (Which does nothing, really). *Note: Yes, his actions are also out of order, as he is supposed to go after Rho/Feral, this is simply for descriptive purposes*

Rho casts[sblock=spellcraft DC 23]
Greater Arcane Fusion to use Arcane Fusion and Ray of the Python
The Arcane Fusion is used for another Ray of the Python and a Magic Missile.[/sblock]

SR vs Arineil (1d20+22=41, 1d20+22=23, 1d20+22=42) magic Missile and Ray#2 beat the SR.
Arineil is affected by Ray of the Python(See later).
Magic Missile vs Arineil (5d4+5=19)
Rho's Counter-Attack vs Arineil (1d20+26=42, 1d20+26=27, 1d20+26=41, 1d20+21=34, 1d20+16=34, 1d20+11=18)
Rho's damage vs Arineil (3d6+25=36) Rho's Damage vs Arineil (Cont) (3d6+25=33, 3d6+25=33, 3d6+25=35)
137 damage from physical attacks (DR allready factored in)

Feral casts[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]
True Strike, Quickened via the rod[/sblock]
Feral attack vs Chevik (1d20+39=48, 1d8+23=28)Ferals Pain Touch (1d8+2=5) 33 damage and stun/paralysis(See below)

[sblock=Player Info this round]
Sabastian: Unconscious
Arineil: 156 damage. Ray of the python effects: May only make 1 attack per round, speed -10, may not make attacks of opportunity. Each round after the first you are allowed a reflex save (DC 23) to negate the effects of the spell for that round. lasts 1 minute.
Chevik: 33 damage, pending 2 fort saves(DC 35, vs stunning & Paralyzation)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Chevik is content to take the blow from the feral man has he runs by, hoping to soon be free from these miscreants. Incanting a spell Chevik calls out over the field of battle: "Vigoratus Acervus". With that pronouncement, wounds heal all over the bodies of his companions, new and old, and Chevik looks to move himself a little further from the feral man.

[sblock=Combat Actions]Cast Mass Heal, targeting Arineil, Adamas, Sila, and Chevik

It will heal 210 pts of damage per character (Chevik is +1 CL on Conjuration (Healing) spells)

Saves vs Stun (46) & Para (38)

Then move 5' to the right/"south" diagonally & 25' "south"

========-----========
===XX===-----========
===XX===========v===
==S33G===2==========
===33===A===========
======11DDD=========
======11DDD===mg====
=====o==DDD=========
============c=======[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Info]Analyze Dweomer: Duration 19rds

Daily Buffs:
Divine Insight (SC): 1hr/lvl - +15 Insight bonus to single skill check then discharged
Greater Magic Weapon: 1hr/lvl - +5 Enhancement bonus to Mace
Nondetection: 1hr/lvl (DC35 to overcome)
Conviction (SC): 10min/lvl - +5 Morale bonus to all Saves
Lore of the Gods - Extended: 10min/lvl - +10 Insight bonus to all Knowledge checks
Spell Resistance: 32 (Persisted with Divine Metamagic)
Bless: +1 Morale to Attacks and Save vs Fear - 20 min

Permanent Effects:
See Invisibility 120'
Comprehend Languages

HP: 208
AC: 34, Touch: 19, FF: 29
SR: 32
Energy Resist: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic - 10

Darkvision 60' [/sblock]

Last edited:

"Hey guys can I get a little help here?" From the clutches of the slobering beast masquerading as a bear comes the calm composed voice of Damian. "I would really appreciate it if some one could do something about that light in the woods. I find it hard to fight effectively with it. Oh this?" He motions to the bear creature holding him. "It's nothing, hardly worth my notice. In fact if that light goes out it dies." He pauses for a moment as if he's trying to remember something."OH! And that dragon has shield other cast on himself and has been taking damage for someone here. He's also easly annoyed." Damian calmly and leisurely takes an arm out of the bear's grip and flips off the dragon before sliding out of the bears grasp entirely.

[sblock=occ]Damian moves forward 40 feet, putting him 5 feet into the woods, he then casts benign transposition on Sabastion. Sabastion wakes up 5 feet in the woods. I forgot to roll a spellcraft against the dragon, a while back so i hope that you let me do it now, 1d20+7=17 i just made it, plzzzzz can i have it? Well i didn't hear a no.
also because of my readied actionlast round I should be right before the dragon
Damian 141/161 hp ac 24 +1 dodge vs bear, +3 ac vs spells, 20% concelment immune to crits, improved uncanny dodge(11lvsR), FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT.
Attack +33(20bab +11 str +1 weapon focus, +1 weapon)*divine power
Damage 2d6+17 +10d6 sneak
saves fort 28 Ref 32 will 25 evasion, mettle and I reroll 1's on saves
expended a 1 lv sorc slot, 1 charge divine power, 1 charge force orb
AND I HAVE A MODERATE GOOD AURA....[/sblock]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Adamas - HP: 107/243 - AC: 39
F: 21 R: 21 W: 12

Surprised by the complete lack of a slathering beast feasting on his delicate elven flesh, Adamas takes only a moment to gather his bearings and rush in at the largest of the foes, his hand-and-a-half sword of frost out in a flash.

Charging Rho (I'm assuming I'll take an AoO, AC Drops to 37) with Holy Frosted Adamantine +40 1d10 + 1d6 (Frost) + 2d6 (Holy) + 24 (Crit Threat Range 17-20x2 (I'd roll myself but Invisible Castle is down for me right now (Oh, and I just noticed an Epic Fail of mine))).

Edit: Invisible Castle Running: Attack of 59 for 36 Damage. Critical Threat: Confirmation of 48. Included in the 36 was 1 damage of Holy and 3 Frost Damage. If the critical confirms it's an additional 27 damage (just the d10+24). Phew. Also, in my IC Rolls I had it at +20 Damage, forgetting I was two-handing the sword (which is why my AC is lowered).

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Elven Archmage breathed a sigh of relief as the cool divine energies of healing magic washed over her body and healed the bruises, claw marks and burnt skin. She nodded at Chevik and eyed the situation - via the use of some mediocre spells, now the bear found itself without pray, and the Adamus lad had managed to vent some of his battle rage on Rho.

Now that she had been healed, the mage decided it would be best to remove herself from the immediate vicinity. She ran north, while eying the battlefield.

Silivrenniel concluded that the two melee fighters would be capable of dealing with the severely injured enemy, and decided to focus on the monk before he had another chance of targeting some of her human ally's vital spots. "Now now, you should not leave a lady so rudely."

The thrill of battle had overwhelmed Sila - having spent the last several years in quiet seclusion, this was more excitement than she had for all the years since her last adventure, before delving in the mysteries of High Arcana.

Silivrenniel reached in her spell component pouch and retrieved a small a small white ceramic cone. With haste, she cast her empowering spell yet again, and then lift her right hand, channeling arcane energy trough it and trough the silver rod in her left.

Oroz's blessing was giving her a sharper aim, better judgment and impossible clairvoyance.

Out of her finger, shot out an orange and yellow ray of fire, targeting the feral man's exposed right side.

[sblock]Hit Points: 181/181 AC: 5/25 Touch AC: 14 Flat-footed: 21 Spell Resistance: 18 (Robe), Evasion (ring)

Immunity: fire, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking

Possesses Darkvision 60ft, Arcane sight (via Permanency) See Invisibility (via Permanency) Tongues (via Permanency)

Caster Level: 18 + 3 (Spell Power) + 1 (Ioun stone) + 2 (robe) + 4 (Energy Penetration: Fire) + 2 (Spell Enhancer) = 24(base)/26(vs SR only)/30(Fire vs SR)

Spell DC: 10 + Spell Level + 13 (Int) + 2 (Energy Focus: Fire) + 1 (Spell Focus: Evocation/Conjuraton) + 1 (Spell Enhancer)

Summary of this round: Polar Ray
(Enhanced, Empowered) vs Feral, using Oroz's gift, -20 AC for this round: Ranged touch attack: 2+26=28 24d6 Polar ray: 91 x 1.5 empower: 136 damage

Spell DC: no save
Caster Level: 30 (SR check: 1d20+30=46)

Actions:
none

Casts: Spell Enhancer (swift action) => Polar Ray which is also empowered by the Rod of Metamagic Empower. Targets the Feral.

Greater Blink:
19/22 rounds

Spells Used: Assay Spell Resistance 2/3, Meteor Swarm SLA 2/2, Energy Admixtured (cold) Cone of Cold 1/2, Rod of Greater Empower - 3/3, Spell Enhancer 2/3, Polar Ray

This is where Sila moves to:

========-----========
===XX===-----========
===XX======c====v===
==S33G===2==========
===33===A===========
======11DDD=========
======11DDD===mg====
=====o==DDD=========
====================
====================
====================
====================
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@[/sblock]

Last edited:

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz feels the rage deep inside him take root as his fight against the dark winged man became drawn out. His control slips as he attacks his opponent with new vigor.

[sblock=OOC] Oroz will rage and frenzy and then full round Rho with full power attack and Inspire Recklessness.

He attacks Rho with Attacks (+46, +46, +41, +36, +31) Hitting ACs of 63, 66, 62, 39, and 40.

Confirm Crit (+46) of 65.

Damage Rolls = 1d6+81 dealing 85, 84 (336 if confirm), 85, 83, and 85 damage.

*Edit* I forgot the +2 damage from his Inspire Recklessness so the damage totals should be 87, 86 (344 if Confirm), 87, 85, and 87 damage.

Combat Stats:
Ref: +15
Fort: +32
Will: +12
AC: 17 = 10 Base + 6 Dex + 9 Armor + 5 Deflection + 7 Shield - 20 Inspire Recklessness
HP: 295 + 25 Temperary HP
Immune to Crits, Evasion
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Initiative]
-Round 6-
Currently To Act: Sigil, Arineil
Initiative Order:
Sigil 24
Arineil 21
Sabastian 19
Feral 18A
Rho 18B
Bear 13
Adamas 11a
Silivrenniel 11b
Oroz 10
Chevik 9
Raven 5a
D - 5b
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
1*======-----========
===XX===-----========
===XX======c====v===
==R==G===2==========
========A===========
======33============
======33m======g====
=====o==============
====================
====================
====================
====================
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@S@@@@@@@@@
Legend:
= 5' square
@ Forest
- Building(Cabin)
X=Fire
1*=Dragon And Rho(20' in air, 150' NW of edge of map)
2=Feral
3=Bear(Large)
g=Sigil
G=Image of Sigil(Dissapears on Sigils turn)
A=Celestial Arineil
m=Adamas(the Myth)
v=Silivrenniel
o=Oroz
c=Chevik
R=Raven
[/sblock]

Adamas, finally finding himself free of the bear's clutches, roars in at Rho, his sword cleaving straight towards the large mans midsection, only to be stopped short as it sparks off Rho's magical shielding. "Sit down, boy. Mommy and daddy are having words." Rho growls at him, his staff barely missing Adamas.
His undoing, however, was in ignoring the fact that he was surrounded by enemies. With a roar of anger, Oroz's pick lashes out, catching on Rho's shoulder and spinning him around. Though Rho manages to pary most of the bird-man's thrusts, Oroz's pick breaks once through his defenses, burying itself deep into his side. Rho drops to a knee, coughing up blood and looking around at the three surrounding him.

Meanwhile nearer the cabin, Silivrenniel unleashes a ray of seething flames upon the feral man, who manages to dive out of its way as the powerful ray lashes out into the woods, incinerating a tree instead. "Lady? All I see is a pointy-eared hedge-mage."

Raven swaps places with Sabastian, removing the unconscious man from harms way and putting himself right beside the bear.

With a roar, the dragon swoops low towards the bear, and just before he reaches the slobbering beast, magics coalesce and the bear and Rho swap places. Grabbing the injured warrior, the huge green lifts him into the air, flying up and to the Northwest. The Feral glances at them and then at the bear
[sblock=draconic]"We can't leave Shake!"[/sblock]

The bear, finding itself suddenly surrounded, snarls and looks around, it's eyes settling in on the prey that had just escaped it as it lashes out.

[sblock=ooc]
Adamas misses, but Oroz's crit hits (Barely). Thats a freakin buttload of damage!
Rho's AoO (1d20+33=35, 3d6+33=49) He actually managed to miss Adamas with a roll of 2. ;)

The dragon uses fly-by attack to grab rho, with a quickened benign transposition switching Rho and the bear's places.
The bear gets a free attack due to sun school,
Bear's Sun School attack. (1d20+42=51, 1d8+28=33) He strikes Adamas for 33 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Arineil coughs once.. a mixture from what looks like green venom and crimson blood flows from her mouth with a spattering as she coughed... Rho's spell had effected her deeply.. slowing her to her very core yet without missing a beat she picked up her head and yelled to the dragon in it's native language..

"You best tend him well dragon... for when Rho and I meet again... I wish another challenging clash of might and will!" the barbarian barked as she took Korinna over her head once more and let the bear thing have what was coming to him... it... whatever it was....

[sblock=Actions]
Taking my one attack this round on Mr. Bearthing....
1d20+42=49 for 2d4+27=34[/sblock]

[sblock=Specials:]HP: 239/ 363, AC: 38, SR 40, DR 8/-, See Invis. DarkVision 60 ft, Uncanny Dodge (Dex to AC), Improved Uncanny Dodge (Can't be flanked by anything with less than 14 rogue levels, Immune to Criticals, Freedom of Movement from Ring) Rage Rounds: 12/14 Bonus: +4 Str [34] (+12) +4 Con [32] (+11) -2 AC (Already figured in this round) Bloodline Rounds: 8/10 rounds[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil watches the dragon and Rho fly away, then scowls and whirls, aiming her wand at the quick feral man! A sickly green blast of eldritch energy leaps from it and crackles across the space between them, then glances off to lash out at the bear as well!

(Chain Blast with Noxious. To hit feral: 43 for 38 damage. To hit bear: 33 for 25 damage (halved from 50). Roll Lookup Also Fort DC 28 or be Nauseated for 1 minute.)

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Sigil has the following stats:
AC 32, HP 182
DR 5/cold iron
Resistances: 10 fire, 10 cold
Darkvision 60'
See Invisible 120'
Foresight
+12 Luck bonus to Fort saves
Spell Turning from Ring
Freedom of Movement from triggered Contingency [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]
-Round 6-
Currently To Act: Adamas, Silivrenniel, Oroz, Chevik, Raven
Initiative Order:
Sigil 24
Arineil 21
Sabastian 19
Feral 18A
Rho 18B
Bear 13
Adamas 11a
Silivrenniel 11b
Oroz 10
Chevik 9
Raven 5a
D - 5b
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
1*======-----========
========-----========
========-----========
===XX===-----========
===XX======c====v===
==R=================
========A===========
======33============
======33m======g====
=====o==============
====================
====================
====================
====================
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@S@@@@@@@@@
Legend:
= 5' square
@ Forest
- Building(Cabin)
X=Fire
1*=Dragon And Rho(20' in air, 140' NW of map edge)
2*=Feral(*Unseen*)
3=Bear(Large)
g=Sigil
A=Celestial Arineil
m=Adamas(the Myth)
v=Silivrenniel
o=Oroz
c=Chevik
R=Raven
[/sblock]

Sigils blast strikes true, arcing between the feral and the bear, the fey powers injuring each, though both resist the sickeneing after-effects.

The celestial woman manages to strike the bear once, her blade ripping his allready badly-injured flesh.

The feral monk takes a moment to look around, seeing two companions retreating and the bear surrounded, outnumbered, and unable to reason. With a chop to the side of Arineil's neck, he leaps into the air and takes off to the north. Though not as fast as the dragon, he dives behind the house and you loose sight of him.

Continuing to roar and slobber uncomprehendingly, the bear lashes out at those around it, teeth claws and tentacle biting fiercely into all nearby as the bear reels them in.

[sblock=ooc]
Sigil hits both targets, but they both make the fort save.
Fort saves vs nausea: Bear; Feral (1d20+38=54, 1d20+27=45)
*NOTE: Eldritch chain doesn't use multiple damage rolls, only multiple attack rolls. Each secondary target takes half the damage dealt to the first target(Complete arcane pg 133). Feral takes 38, bear takes 19.

The Feral uses his last quickened true strike and Feral Attacks Arineil (1d20+39=55, 1d8+23=24). He hits for 24 damage(16 after DR) and Stunned/Paralyzed saves, then flies out of sight, dropping somewhere behind the cabin. (Arineil doesn't get an AoO due to the ray of the python, though you do make your reflex save now to see if you get to avoid the effects of the ray for a turn.)

The bear splits its attacks. Claw/claw vs Arineil, Claw/claw vs Oroz, Bite/Tentacle vs Adamas.
2 Claws vs Arineil (1d20+42=55, 1d20+42=52, 1d8+28=35, 1d8+28=31) Two hits for 27/23(After DR).
2 Claws vs Oroz (1d20+42=47, 1d20+42=50, 1d8+28=34, 1d8+28=32) Both hit, 34/32 damage.
Bite/Tentacle vs Adamas (1d20+37=57, 1d20+37=46, 2d6+16=23, 2d6+16=24) Confirm Bite Crit vs Adamas (1d20+37=53)
Bite crits for 46 damage, Tentacle hits for 24.
Improved Grab means..
Bear's Grapple checks (Adamas, Oroz, Oroz, Arineil, Arineil) (1d20+46=53, 1d20+46=53, 1d20+46=52, 1d20+46=59, 1d20+46=57)
Then, the bear makes another attack...
Bite vs Oroz (1d20+37=45, 2d6+16=23) Another hit for 23 more damage.

*YES, the bear took 2 bites, 4 claws, and a tentacle attack. You'll find out how later.

[sblock=PC Status summary]
Adamas: 70 damage, Grapple checks vs 53
Oroz: 66 damage, two Grapple checks vs 53, 52.
Arineil: 66 damage(After DR), Grapple checks auto-suceed due to Freedom, Reflex save(DC 23) vs Ray of the python, fort save(DC 35) vs Stunned (Paralyze stopped by Freedom of Movement)
*Also, I realized that Arineil's freedom of movement should prevent the -10 movement speed penalty from the ray, but you still need the save for the other penalties*

*NOTE: The next person to roll an attack against the Feral must use the LOWER of their strength or dexterity modifier on the attack roll.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads