• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz's hands gripped tightly around the dead chokers neck even after its grip on him slipped away. Still seeing the source of his eternal torment in his grasp, he squeezed tightly on the dead creatures windpipe until a horrific snap could be heard as the deceased monster's spine snapped into tiny pieces. The sound pulled Oroz out of his haze as he shook his head and rolled onto his hands and knees, the small corpse on him flopping off to the side as he took a moment to regain his awareness. He had not slain his lifetime enemy. Only a nobody that had done nothing but be in the wrong place at the wrong time. While he had no quarrles over the beings intent to kill his new found companions, he acknowledged that the rage deep inside of him was getting worse and worse. If he did not find the necromancer soon, he may lose his humanity.

"So now that thats dealt with, shall we be off?"

ethandrew

First Post
Adamas dusts himself off like he hadn't just been manhandled by a makeshift choker-bear for the last minute, his very life nearly squeezed out. With a heavy sigh and a slight shaking of his head he mutters to him, "I've been gone for too long. I'm green." His swords sheathed, he looks around at the others, some worse for wear, some filled with battlelust and zeal. "You've all done well. Many thanks," he looks directly at Sigil when he speaks the last bit.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Chevik waits for Arineil to arrive at his location and quietly says: "Vigoratus," and smiles at his friend. "Rest a moment Arineil, I will return to check on you." With that Chevik moves off to go examine the corpse of the shapeshifter with the others gathering now.

"I have an enchantment on me right now that will allow me to quickly identify items of use on this vile creature, if you will all give me a moment..."

[sblock=Actions]Chevik casts Heal on Arineil, healing 200 pts of damage.

I have Analyze Dweomer running right now for another 17 rounds to identify the creature's magic items[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Sigil flies around for a few moments in search of the Feral as the others maintain a vigilant lookout from ground level, but he is not seen again, it is presumed that he ran off through the forest. Chevik moves to the choker/drow/bear and studies its gear. The feathered hat is a simple hat of disguise - likely the reason he appeared to be a drow in the first place - the breastplate is the only other magic found, but its power is both phenomenal and evil, leaving Chevik with a moderate headache and dizziness once he has finished analyzing it.

[sblock=OOC]
The breastplate is +5, Wild Mithril Breastplate with the following powers stacked on top: +5 Mighty Fist, +6 Con, +6 Str, +4 Protection, +4 Natural Armor, +5 Resistance, Haste(as boots. All of its powers remained functional while the choker was shapeshifted, though the hat's powers did not.
The breastplate also has a moderate aura of evil.
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
If Silivrenniel still needed to breathe, she would have exhaled deeply with relief. The short Elven Mage looked around and made sure there were no more lurking enemies, before she spoke out. "You are free to come out now old man. There is no more threat of violence for the time being."

The hairs on the back of her neck were raised with goosebumps, thanks to the arcane power still surging throughout the Archmage's body. She looked around, eying her new found companions in arms and nodded: "Thank you all for showing such resolve and intolerance to intimidation. Now, I would need to know more before we set out on errands."

She turned towards the fierce woman in armour, before heading towards the cabin. "Arineil was it? What happened to you while fighting this so called "son of War"? Is this celestial transformation a skill you already possessed? Or was it something new you gained just now?"

Silivrenniel was not one to give trust easily, and she needed some answers. She now intended on learning as much as she could from the old man, especially about her heritage and latent abilities.

Rathan

First Post
Arineil turned to face Silivrenniel once standing to an upright position once more to address her... a smirk played on her lips as she through back to the incredible rush she felt as Heironeous blessed her with his heavenly touch.....

Yes Arineil is my name.. and you are the sun magus yes?" the barbarian asked she was quiet literally never paid the woman one iota of attention in the battle that just commenced.. she was too transfixed on Rho to pay her any mind at all...

"First you must understand I fight not for myself... nor for anyone else by his lord and almighty Heironeous.... I am his arm and his is my everything... has has shaped me into what I am and what I am capable of doing to this very day.... and today he blessed with his a small portion of his awesome power... that is the best way I can describe what happened earlier in simple spoken word.... this is something very new to me... and to be honest... slightly overwhelming... I have not been able to stop to stead flow of tears of joy sense I came out of my feral rage....... Arineil said as she wiped yet another tear from her eyes as he paused in speaking a moment....

Heironeous has told me himself I am destined for greatness if I made the right decisions... today I do believe I took the right first step in allowing me to live my dream of becoming a living avatar of his almighty himself..... Arineil added as she went silent... this was the most she had spoken to anyone strange to her in a VERY long time.. yet with her new-found powers somehow this didn't seem strange anymore...

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil lands gracefully and nods at Adamas, acknowledging his thanks.

"No sign of the wild man. I think he ran off after Rho and the dragon."

She eyes Arineil with curiosity and listens to her explanation of herself and what happened to her. When it's over she puts her wand away and smiles at the others.

"I don't think we've had a chance for proper introductions. You may call me Sigil."

With that, Sigil spares a glance to the old man's house, wondering if he'll come back out...or if he's said all he means to.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel observed Arineil with her usual discerning stare, eying her from toes to head. They were both blond and green eyed, but that was where the similarities would end - the female warrior was much taller and of a very muscular frame, and wore her straight hair loose. Sila subconsciously felt up the tight bun of hair on the back of her head. "Her hair is so shiny. These human women have much vigor in their early years."

"I am a Wizard and the sun is the main target of my research and fascination, so I would say the answer to your question is "yes". However I have no knowledge of why the old man that summoned us here would call me "The Sunkeeper". - Silivrenniel paused and looked to the sky, her emerald eyes seeking the light of the sun as she spoke of it. - I do intend to find out though, especially after i saw this Rho and his skill in battle, and your own peculiar boost of divine power. I am well versed in religious lore and i must say, the blessings you have received are most unique. Even the grandest Paladins have not seen such attention by their deity, at least to my knowledge."

The slender Elven maiden looked around at the others. "You seem to know the kind healer already. Have you two adventured before?"

Silivrenniel paused and memories of her past adventures flooded her mind. Decades upon decades ago, she had traveled the planes with several groups - many of her former comrades were now dead, or old and gray with grandchildren in their lap.

As the other human female descended from they sky, the Elven Mage directed her gaze to her. She was of obvious sylvan descent, but the powers of eldritch magics had left their mark on her appearance as well, at least for Silivrenniel's trained eyes. Still, it was a pleasure to regard her grace and beauty, and the blue, green and aquamarine colours she had chosen for her attire reminded Silivrenniel of a refreshing forest or dew covered grass. "I am Silivrenniel Louet, although you can leave my human family name out if you wish." She then addressed Sigil in a language she was bound to understand.

[sblock=Sylvan]A pleasure it is to meet one of such ancient blood. I do not wish to intrude, but I can see the fey in your features.[/sblock]

[sblock] Knowledge: Religion check to see how much Sila knows about Heironeous and why he would grant Divine favor to Arineil. 7+37 = 44 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Paladin... nay... I fear I am FAR from cocky enough to be a paladin.... they fight many times for pride and for rank.... I fight only for my almighty.... I am confidant in my skills as a warrior... despite Rho's words.... but I do not let it go to my head like a paladin would.... Arineil adds to the slender woman's comments not merely correcting her but more explaining how her through process' worked....... she turned to Sigil as she introduced her herself and took a slight bow to her..... "Well Met... I have not met a being of your kinda before I don't believe.... she uttered respectfully... then turned back to Silivrenniel

Chevik and I have adventured for many years now.... he has created many of my powerful magic items for me in our companionship.... she paused as that seemed to come out wrong..... she corrected we are not together... together... Heironeous has not placed a suitable candidate for my romantic notions.... but I digress.... Heironeous told me I would meet a great man of knowledge and he would create many things for me.... and that he and I would have a task soon that would lead me to power, valor, and honor..... and thus.. here we are I presume....

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel displayed a faint smile, her slightly glowing skin now becoming more apparent as she revealed her white teeth. "Ah yes, i had adventured with a Paladin of Torm almost a century ago. Very sturdy in character, but more in love with himself than with women. As a matter of fact, he loved his sword more than women as well. - the Elven woman grinned - I uh... - Silivrenniel stopped and wondered why for the sake of fire and sunlight was she revealing such personal information... She seemed to enjoy the up front talk with such an earthly person. It was a fact that most adventurers around her own level of aptitude were quite full of themselves. - I would know how it is to be depraved of intmiacy. The third story of my tower is not the best place to meet men, if i dare say so."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads