Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Milagroso

First Post
Woot! This is very exciting. I can't wait to start.

Oh! A question though, is our PbP going to be on one particular day or just every day posting whenever?

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Just curious, what exactly are the (game) ramifications of not being on the 'potential new x-men' team? Does that just mean that there's certain stuff that some of us don't participate in?

Thanks.

Victim

First Post
Jemal said:
Victim - I see that Temper is 15 PHYSICALLY.. how old is she ACTUALLY. Why/how long has she been at Xaviers.

Her physical and actual age are only off by around half a year; it's not really a problem for her yet.

My original idea was that Temper had only just arrived at the Institute, but I'm not sure how that'd work if she's already been selected for their new team. I suppose telepathy would make a rapid screening process much more viable. It'd certainly set up a point of conflict/interaction - she'd effectively be coming out of nowhere and 'stealing' someone's spot.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure what will happen is that the characters who are "x-man trainees" may be sent on some missions which the rest will not be able to be involved in directly (that is direct under X-Men supervision). BUT, remember, Jamal said he wanted this game to be open ended and character driven, so if anything, I'd expect that if a mission does come up, the non-trainee characters will be able to find something to occupy ourselves, after all, you don't have to be an X-Man to be a mutant superhero. :D

Last edited:

Milagroso

First Post
So, seeing as how this is my first PbP, can anyone give me any tips? Also, will the link for the IC thread (which I presume means In Character) be posted here?

Victim

First Post
Milagroso said:
So, seeing as how this is my first PbP, can anyone give me any tips? Also, will the link for the IC thread (which I presume means In Character) be posted here?

As you can tell from the process of starting a game, they progress at a slow pace. Try to post regularly, but don't burn yourself out. A free for all conversation is generally going to be better to set up than a one on one, since it's not going to constrained as much by the slower poster. Combat will usually be rarer and slower (because of the bottleneck factor mentioned above).

Check the sticky in the IC (yeah, that means In Character) forum.

Remove ads