Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

drothgery

First Post
Victim said:
Well, you could Bluff as a move action (taking the -5), then throw a weak Defensive Attack with the standard.

That works. Though if feinting via Bluff is opposed by Attack instead of by Sense Motive, it's less likely to work, but it's still worth a try...

Edit: Eric's actions have been updated accordingly.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
BTW, still Waiting on Lobo Lurker and ShaggySpellsword in the IC thread... Wi-Fi and Desert Ghost, where are you?

Hmm... it seems to me that there ought to be some sort of mechanic for using a non-attack skill/power defensively.
The problem is there's no downside to taking a penalty to your attack rolls if you're not making an attack roll. I'm open to suggestions.

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
The problem is there's no downside to taking a penalty to your attack rolls if you're not making an attack roll. I'm open to suggestions.

Well, as I said, I've updated Eric's actions so now he is making an attack (which missed horribly with a natural 1), then Bluffing as a move action (and so taking a -5).

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Sorry, missed that we'd started.

I posted in the IC, and I updated my sheet with equipment and rebalanced my powers so that the disintegration breaks down objects as well as people (especially since I want to be able to destroy wall/sentinals since I don't want to hurt people with it). Now the power affects objects but takes a full-round action to activate (since it takes a few seconds of contact before the touch completely destroys something.)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
So Kitty's a student in this time line.. That actually helps out a lot since since I was wondering what her age was going to be in this time line. I just wonder which other elements bits and pieces of her various backgrounds has also came into play..

Anyways, what is her current 'codename' so I could fix that one post where I referred to her as Shadowcat.

Jemal

Adventurer
She'll always be ShadowKitty to me. :D

ON a related note, most mutants are open house if you want to introduce one as an NPC yourself. If I had specific plans that run contrary to it, I'll inform you so we can change, but usually it shouldn't be a problem.
*One thing right now : Iceman is neither a student OR a teacher at the moment.*

Victim

First Post
Derek could go with Phase. Phases aren't quite the same as states of matter, but they should be close enough for comic book physics. And Phase sounds cooler, I think. :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal -
I had a feeling Miranda's question was going to be evil, I wasn't sure how evil though. lol
Anyways, beyond what victem stated, I'm pretty sure you might have to create a psuedo-scientific word if you wanted to get "hyper scientific" with it since special universal term to describe a phase change is "phase transition."

Shayuri -
You rock. ha ha ha! My mind blanked on the different names of the different chemical transitions.

Last edited:

Remove ads