Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Shayuri

First Post
Fair enough, sir.

A point of some concern then, or maybe not... It's occurred to me that her 'weather control' powers have the potential to also create ice, water, sleet...etc...not just fog. That could -also- be considered a means around the limit.

Would you prefer to alter those powers so they don't, downgrade or eliminate the limit, or something else?

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Jemal said:
Kirinke - I'll allow it, but with limits: Max speed 1 full round, and no ranks in recovering from any of the following conditions: Disabled, Staggered, Dying, Unconscious, ressurection.

Lightning ressurection?

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! IT"S ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!

Sorry...I just read Frankenstein.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm.. If you were to add a drawback/limit where you can onlyuse the rain one outside when there are available clouds, that'd work for me. It also gives you a way of 'summoning' water from a bit farther away, but doesn't completely negate your water medium flaw, b/c you have to spend a round AND have the clouds available... would that work for you?

Shayuri

First Post
Could I still use ice slick and fog? We could say that they don't make enough water to be useful to her array powers...which seems right. Even thick fog is a pretty small amount of water spread over a large area...and it doesn't take much ice on the ground to make it slick and hard to move on.

Victim

First Post
I decided to take that drawback valued at one point. Most of our people seem to be ranged attackers (so knocking people prone isn't especially useful) and lack much super movement, so knocking people too far could be a problem for us. Does UP say anything about the value of this sort of drawback?

With 5 points to spend now, I purchased:

Attack Focus: Ranged 1
Will +2
Fort +2

kirinke

First Post
Jemal said:
Kirinke - I'll allow it, but with limits: Max speed 1 full round, and no ranks in recovering from any of the following conditions: Disabled, Staggered, Dying, Unconscious, ressurection.
QUOTE]

Sounds reasonable. No problem there. With just the ranks in recovery bruised, that'll go along way in helping her stay in the thick of things so to speak.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri - the ice slick/fog are ok, they're essentialy just her condensing/freezing what's allready available in the air.

Kirinke - allright then. :)

Victim - Those points work.. as for the drawback, I don't think there's a premade one, I'd give it to you as a 1 point drawback.

OH,and btw, the assembly will begin sunday or monday, so please have all chars. upgraded/fixed by then.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, Spike's edits:

Comments appreciated, as I need to understand this thing a little more. 2 Skill/Feat pp went to Feats. Other 5pp went to Container with a little left over to edit as needed.

Abilities and Saves stay the same, no changes there.

[sblock=Combat]Combat (20pp): Attack (10pp) +5 (+8 Melee/+12Spikes) [Spikes +12 dmg], Defense (10pp) 22 (12 flat-footed), Init +6, Grapple +12, Knockback -10[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills and Feats] Major changes here, as he needs a few more options besides impaling people. Removed Luck 2, replaced with Improved Trip and Improved Throw.

Feats (20pp): Attack Focus 3 (Melee), Uncanny Dodge (hearing), Dodge Focus 7, Fearless, Taunt, Diehard, Move by Action, Instant Up, Evasion 2, *Improved Trip, *Improved Throw[/sblock]

[sblock=Container Power]Powers (70pp):
Container 7 (Mutant Skeleton; Power Feat: Innate) (36 pp)
Enhanced Skeletal Structure:
(10pp) Permanent Density 3 [+6 Strength, Protection 1 (Extra: Impervious), Immovable 1, Super Strength 1, Mass x2, Extra: Duration (Continuous); Flaw: Permanent, Drawback: Noticeable(His Protection takes the form of a form of exoskeleton, with some of the armored plating revealing itself on his shoulders, back, chest, legs, arms, and crown.)]
(6pp) Protection 5 (Impervious 1)
(1pp) Elongation 1 (Move action to grow spiked limbs, standard action to attack range 10’)
(12pp) Strike 5 (Extra: Penetrating 5, PF: Mighty, Accurate x2); Drawback: Only Lethal Damage)
(2pp) Super-Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2, Full Speed)
(2pp) Immovable 2 (+2 Bonus to Knockback, +8 vs trip/push/rush/throw)[/sblock]

That leaves 2pp left to spend on the container array, but I need some help. When taking the Mighty Power Feat, don't I have to take ranks in that for each +1 STR bonus I want to tack onto the damage? So, with Mighty as is, am I able to only add +1 Str bonus to damage from the power feat, or the full +7?

Remove ads