Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

kirinke

First Post
Kirinke - I also wanted to talk to you a little bit about Serena's 'evolution' by means of her merger with Cerebro.
[sblock]
I hate having only one possible storyline so I've been leaving a lot of this part open with multiple possible 'endings', and I'd like to get your input. There's a few different options, and as some of them(obviously) have a great affect your character, I figured I'd run them by you and see which you'd prefer. Cerebro and Serena have, in fact, merged to some extrent. Now, this could be permanent, or it could be temporary with no side-effects once it ends, or it could be temporary with several side effects.
Game-wise, what this means is that any of the following could be true:
A) One of you will take his place as the 'cerebro' unit inside the X-mansion/cyberspace, and the other will return to the body, more or less the same, but with a definite 'affinity' for the 'new cerebro'. (This would most likely involve you only playing the one that returns, not both)
B) You both return to the real world (This could work into your 'gestalt' idea.)
C) A or B, but only temporary, with either one of the 'Serena's' fading, or becoming Cerebro once more
D) You both return, but into the same body, causing a drastic power increase (Perhaps too much for you to handle, leading to future problems in trying to control/fix it?)
E) Suggest something.

In any case, there will be some rules that may need to be bent/altered to keep the storyline interesting. (Specifically, I'll probably be advancing Serena's powers differently from the other characters due to this occurence), but once we've narrowed it down we'll take care of the book-keeping.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock]
I think I like the idea of both Serenas coming back to the real world in the same body. However, the added kick is at first, they can only do it when Serena is danger or under extreme emotional turmoil. That will lead to a great many complications/increase in power/control difficulties, until they figure out how to control the merger, so they don't cause too much damage.

I guess they'll now be telepathically/spiritually/electronically linked, able to exchange information at a very instictual level, making her a true technopath, the equivalent of Prof X, in that aspect.

They'll be linked together to a good degree (the affinity, perhaps even circumventing the rule that only powerful telepaths can interface with Cerebro, since in effect, Serena is acting as the 'Avatar' of Cerebro, hence the reason why Cerebro (her cybernetic twin), now looks like her.

As their experience increases, they can become a Gestalt, but I figure this will only happen with a great deal of practice, as the first attempts will probably be by accident or under duress (when one or the other is in danger etc)

Because of the merger, Serena will probably be very protective of the students/faculty and probably even more loyal to the Faculty than before. However, because of that same merger, they are no longer under the direct control of anyone save themselves. Free will is a persnicity thing. Thank goodness that it will be tempered by Serena's inherit good nature. ;)

I dunno does that sound like it could be full of comic-booky goodness? [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri - I think I'm going to write Tess in at the beginning of Issue 3 (Which won't be too far away). I'd like to know what kind of info you've got (if any yet) on her background/personality. I'm thinking of not introducing her at the school, but rather at the Wilderness camp where Logan and Spike (And soon Alchemist) are. I'd like to talk to you (Privately, perhaps.. email or sblock) about the situation there, if you're willing to be the designated "hey here's somebody to fill us in on just what the ^#$%! is going on"

I will get her sheet updated for background and personality later tonight.

I'm open to the idea of being introduced somewhere other than the school, sure. And I don't mind being Captain Exposition for a scene. :) Email's fine too, just be sure and tell me so I'll know to check it. ;)

drothgery

First Post
Is Pyro in good enough shape to carry Cyclops off? I'm asking because otherwise Eric pretty much has to, and then we've got the party split in three places again...

kirinke

First Post
Is Pyro in good enough shape to carry Cyclops off? I'm asking because otherwise Eric pretty much has to, and then we've got the party split in three places again...

Serena can fly as well, plus she has the platform flaw, so more than one person can get on. I'm thinking 3 if they crowd together.

Victim

First Post
Okay, I'm blind, since the range is mentioned.

Could Kitty grab Cyclops and phase through the building with him in a controled descent? That gets him completely into cover quickly. It doesn't exactly put him in the hospital, but it could get him really close. We don't exactly want him flying around with Serena in the fight either in case she gets shot and stunned -> crash.

Jemal

Adventurer
And there goes what may be the last update for Mutant high: Issue 2. Shorter than the last one, and much darker. I've got a feeling that we're ready for Issue three to reveal some of what's going on, and show the hope for a better future.

I actually had planned on running the combat at the mansion, but recent developments (Including the death of Calypso) have caused me to think it's probably better off ending without another fight.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
I figured that this:
"Lemme go!" she shouts, her voice hoarse, not realizing that she's tied down for her own good, that she's relatively safe.
might have caused them to notice our arrival.

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: Oh yeah, Sense Motive +12. Might as well try to get some information for this call.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hey Jemal...sorry for the delays with Tess

Now that the site's improved, and tomorrow's Friday, I should have time to finish her up.

Thanks for yer patience.

Remove ads