Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Edited this into the prev post but you'd already started your reply i guess.

How about the headband was forged out of the last of Iridex's humanity when the power destroyed his empire and transformed him into the archlich?****
You could take two lesser powers as knowledges (Planar, Arcane), whatever greater power you want, and I'd give it a Special purpose trying to prevent the same catastrophe from happening again, and I'll figure out a unique special power for it. The total would add 20,000GP plus whatever cost of the greater power you choose.
What u think?

****: What about if iradex's humanity was twisted into THE POWER and that humanity a a small portion of THE POWER were infused into the headband at Iradex's destruction. this THE POWER also has an affininty buried deep with in the old foundations of Kain's Bridge

* Mental Ability Scores: Two at 19, one at 10
* Communication: Speech, telepathy
* Capabilities: Four lesser powers and three greater powers
* Senses: 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense, and hearing
* Base Price Modifier: 20,000 + 10,000

Lesser powers:
* 10 ranks in knowledge planes
* 10 ranks in knowledge arcane
* to be determined by DM Jamal

Greater power:
* Item can use dismissal on a foe 1/day

Special purpose

Special purpose power

this might be all that is known [to give dm caveat] to enact, gems must be inserted in blank spots to equal to what is needed to activate power.

This headband was found as part of what was left of the bones and equipment of the defeated Archlich Iredex. It seemed to call to Gerard while the dust of the battle was still settleing. It or rather SHE revealed some of her knowledge to him.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I have a fun day of going to places that have free food for veterans today. I shall AT LEAST dwell on a good name for G's 'hometown'. maybe:
run by The Three Queens Hisraea, Iobanesh and Jalzee.

City name: Kaainsbridge

Was built on the foundations of an ancient city names Caain's bridge after the founder one Caaineth 'ut Baaernock. As far as any know, only the name is known as it was translated from the ancient runes on the arch that framed the bridge spanning the river Oshlute. It was from a fallen empire that only hints of were found by the Bards and druids. Some say that even the dragons forgot about this one, while others say the dragons wish they could forget it.

more to come, just in pain from a bruised rib and ego.

Ok, I looked for
Fighting armored ogres riding even more heavily armored dire bears in the frozen wastes below the South Peak Glaciers. Ur uses Expansion for the first time.

and didn't find it anywhere, BUT, in case it is there and I just simply missed it:

One of the tasks of Gerard's besides helping Ur to make it through life with his mental breakdown is to check into incursions of undead any where he is sent. One time was in the area of the mountains held as soughvroun territory of the ogre tribe known as the Fists of Ogruk. This tribe was just a play toy to the frost giant who calls himself Ogruk, good father in giantish, and "benevolently gave" a large portion of mountainous land to a small tribe of hungry ogres. This land had cattle and sheep herders in the summer-easy food for the hungry and preditious tribe who were told that the herdsmen were trespassers.

ogruk took some of the tribe and organized them-miners to get iron ore from the earth, bearhandlers to train. others did his bidding as his needs. eventually he had shock troops to guard his territory while he did his actual work: to raise the undead king of frost giants known as Marazel Epan. [awakened advanced iron infused Frost giant skeleton [+ 1 size] high priest of frost giants] A name that was only said in whispers, if at all.

OOC: am I going too far with this? stop me now if I am.

It seems I am needing to come up with this and other information, can someone give me focus and tell me if there was something else I am forgetting? I will wor on this here over the next few days.

Sorry for the delay. As mentioned, last years medical trauma and Monday's bruised rib are conspiring against me here.

Jemal

Adventurer
Anybody else have a weigh in on this?
So far one person said sounds good but nobody else. Were the rest of you wanting to wait for things to be finalized before starting?

On that note, the first portion of the campaign will likely require very little rolling, so If you guys would like to proceed to the roleplaying, investigating, etc startup portion while finalizing everything, just say so and I'll post up the IC soon as I can.

Shayuri

First Post
Oops, apologies.

I am ready to RP with Mei Ying.

Just finalizing spell list really.

Jemal, is Ghostform from Spell Compendium okay? Looks like a very nice defensive 8th level spell to replace pmorph any object, and has some scouting utility as well.

Scott DeWar

I actually was not ready mentally at the time of the announcement, but since then have 'recharged' and I am ready for rp.

Scott DeWar

At work ATM, will check that spell and see about starting up the RP when I get home.

[MENTION=9026]Jemal[/MENTION]: this might help . . . . .
. . . .
cleared out text of potentially compromising material
. . . . .

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
And I'm back from the sucking vortex of time that is the dreaded "too much fraking work to even have time to breathe"! :)

BF - I'm great with it being from a 'ninja/darkness' one, but I'd suggest making it the one from the Eternal Empire to suit the ninja-ness.
Well, since the two (dragoon and Empire) have no cultural/origin link in-game, I was deliberatly trying to seperate them (so that the "Eternal Empire" dragoon would have a different feel than his or her surroundings when we encountered it, and idem for the Kadrath one), but you're the DM and I have no strong attachment to either version. I was sort of hoping Ur would have acquired the trinket in question earlier than that though... Perhaps "ninja-y" was the wrong term and I should have gone with "roguish" -- but that has other connotations... "Stealth/darkness based"?

I have a convention/short-courses next week, so I might miss a few days here and there, but otherwise Ur is ready to roleplay!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Frozen Bones, Charriot of the Clouds and Pizair the Blind?

It seems I am needing to come up with this and other information
Just brainstorming again here, Scott and Shayuri (and now Jemal), but how about the heart of Scott's Frozen Bones adventure (see the Scrolls of History for a run down) is how we meet Pizair the Blind artificier from Shayuri's background? What if the raising of that undead king of Giants required the crafting - say - a very special magical gem (the Heart of Devastation?). Ogruk was kidnapping/black-mailing/torturing blind Pizair (how he lost his eyes?) to craft the thing for him. The party freed him just after he finished crafting a (deliberatly flawed) version of the gem, and the secret of that flaw eventually allowed the group to shatter the Heart right as Ogruk was about to complete his ritual! Grateful, Pizair later crafted the Charriot of the Clouds for the party at minimum cost (well, he wasn't going to just *give* it away, was he?) and remains a valued friend to the Legion to this day, accepting their orders and sometimes even given them priority over other clients (when he feels its fully justified).

(Inumerable fragments of the Heart still exist as minor yet sometimes very troublesome artefacts called the Shards of Devastation).

What do you guys think?

Remove ads