• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Any suggestions for Mei Ying? Inside the force dome, all she can do is buff the boomball or cast spells on herself or her companion in crime.
Well, depending on Jemal's interpretation, if Gerard's spell works she could theoretically do the same and use anything that isn't actually described as crossing the dome -- such as Flame Strike (everybody presently visible is at least 15' away from Wade), TK, Resilient Sphere, Analyze Dweomer, etc, etc... What did she end up choosing for her final 8th level spell by the way (not updated on the RG)? Anything summon-y?

Shayuri

First Post
No, it's that variation on Pmorph Any Object that Jemal and I worked out.

And a Wall of Force blocks line of effect, even if not line of sight. She could teleport out, but that would defeat the purpose of having created it...to shield us while we charge the blaster bomb.

The force sword is stuck in there too.

Wow, yeah, this RG version is old. I'll update that. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
I'll have to look it up but I believe mords sword can be summoned within line of sight, not line of effect. When you're dealing with force walls it's a very important distinction. Line of Sight effects can pass through, line of effect cant. I used to play an epic level force mage for a couple years, wish I still had my spell list lol.

Shayuri

First Post
But...it's not cool. The elemental can't fit in there. Even if it can, it can't fight. And even if it could fit, and could fight, Wade can easily just leave...leaving it trapped in there. We have to nullify that teleportation of his before we can really use this wall of force to trap him, whether we trap him inside or out.

And Mei's got Wade in a bind right now. It can fight her...but if it does, Mei will Dimension Anchor his butt next turn. If it leaves, then it gets the old one-two from the giant elemental meatshield...AND Mei can pop out and D-anchor him while he's outside...then pop Ger back in.

Plus, I still don't think you can target Mei with Transposition while she's behind a wall of force. I should probably read the spell desc before I insist on that too hard though. :)

Anyway...assuming it's ruled legal, you can try. Mei will refuse the spell though, if she has an option to.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Anyway...assuming it's ruled legal, you can try. Mei will refuse the spell though, if she has an option to.
We could argue the other points (even if it can't move so long as *Wade* can't move either, we don't know (IC) that Wade can teleport more than once or say, when Pinned under/by a Huge elemental, Force Wall is Dispelable at will even if he can, and yes, I *still* think a Huge elemental squeezed into a force fishbowl is both funny :D AND cool :cool:), but you've got the master argument right there, Shayuri. I bow in your general direction. ;)

D'Raven

First Post
It is a teleport effect, does not require line of effect, by the wording it doesn't even require line of sight. If something was said before his action he would have done something different. The rest of the party have worked together in the past so some amount of table talk is reasonable, but any planing with Darrian would need to be in character.

And the elemental can fit, it can fight, it would simply take penalties. A person takes up a 5' square, but we are not 5' blocks. The penalties are there to show the difficulty for not having room to move around and dodge.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Draven, of course. I don't hold it against you in the least OOC. :)

Similarly, I apologize on behalf of Mei-Ying as well...I don't mean to just stomp all over your strategy and ideas. Mei just has her own idea, and swapping places with her elemental isn't part of it. In the future, I'm sure we'll be able to make very good use of tactics like this though. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads