Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
And it's probably a valid decision.

While they sort that out Ur circles the long way around the room, feet light yet almost lightning quick, and takes position by the door "Eleriknas" used. He crosses his arms. Fists limber and then tighten into shape...

[sblock=OOC]Ur moves up to 80' in a move and then readies an attack in case the illithid falls back or re-inforcement comes through from the door (if he can only ready for one of those possibilities, he'll ready for Eleriknas).

I can't recall do you guys have Telepathic communication or are you just sharing info openly in front of him?
Bit moot now, but Ur figured the illithid was busy talking to Darrian (and/or Braham) and he was trying to be discrete about his sharing, "discretely gesturing" and "mouthing" while facing Gerard. That should at least have been worth a couple of minuses on Eleriknas' Perception roll, right? :)

Illithids are exceptionally rare on the Prime so it's unlikely Ur has fought them before,
EDIT= They are? Can't seem to go down anywhere in the underdark without meeting tons of the critters though... Them and the drows.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Wait," says Mei-Ying, holding a hand up to forestall her friends, and the illithid alike. "We're all on edge, a bit nervous. We're clearly not the first ones here looking for this information, and those who came before us were clearly not interested in taking 'no' for an answer."

She looks at the apparition of the illithid standing before her. "Thank you for agreeing to see us despite what's happened. We've no intention to be hostile towards you unless self-defense is required."

"At the same time, we're not at liberty to discuss the details of our trip, or our motivations. This is a business proposition, nothing more. Can you help us, or do we need to find someone else to make an offer to?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Are we even sure this is Eleriknas?" asks Ur, not taking his eyes off that worthy.

*This one* doesn't have a scratch on him, that's for sure. <correct me if I err, Jemal.>

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=upcoming schedule]
Sunday: of the net
Monday: on the net
Tuesday maybe on the net
Wednesday: under the knife and probably off the net for two days.
[/sblock]

[sblock=edit to schedule]
probably won't be on tomorrow or Wednesday and Thursday as well.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Was going to post earlier but one of my guys at work had to go to the hospital so I had to cover his shift.
Fortunately I've now got two days off so will definitely be up soon.

D'Raven

First Post
Darrian raises his hands in the air and starts backing up. "Okay, contacts been made. I've done my part, I don't want to get involved in any fight. Every one here knows how to get in touch with me so I'm going to do what I do best. I Suggest you talk amongst yourselves until every one is satisfied." After a few steps he turns to the door pushes it open and disappears.

[sblock=stealth 59] Darrian turns back and makes his way down the hall. [/sblock]

[sblock= OoC] darrian attempts to sneak by keeping a good distance from everybody as much as possible. He heads to the voice he heard down the hall.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Please, there is nothing to be concerned about, merely an unfortunate disagreement with a previous customer. He punched me and I expelled him from the establishment." The illithid glances around somewhat nervously as the dwarf starts to circle around behind him.
"I will have to insist that you stay on the customers side of the counter, Sir, or I will have to ask you to leave"

Eleriknas looks at Darrian worriedly as the man disappears out the front door, then glances back to the Dwarf, then to Mei-Ying

"Please madam, if you could control your.." Before he can finish speaking, the doorway behind him slides open - startling the still-unseen Darrian, who had been approaching it at the time - it was almost as if it had magically sensed his intentions to enter.
Everybody else glances to the empty doorway, and the Illithid's eyes go wide.

Ur and Darrian, standing near the entrance, faintly hear something from down the hall.
"Oh to hell with this. Termination sequence initiate."

Eleriknas, looking at the open doorway with sheer terror, begins to speak in time with the voice the other two can hear "oh to hell with this, termination... NO!!" He turns, attempting to flee the saucer, and then his head explodes, showering everybody in the room with Illithid Gore.
Darrian dives through the open doorway, avoiding the splatter.

"Gotta do every damn thing myself." he hears a gravelly voice mutter in Orcish from a room at the end of the long hallway.

OOC:
I did post that the door slid shut behind the illithid when he first came out of it! As Darrian approaches it slides open. He is still hidden though.
Alright, so Eleriknas is now splat. Yes he was real, just cloaked with an epic nondetection spell. He was also being 'directed' on what to say - as Ur and Darrian have likely now figured out - by a mysterious figure in the next room.
That will be combat time.

The hallway is 10' wide and 100' long, with a room at the other end. From what Darrian can see (And anybody else who enters the hallway to look), the next room is a magical laboratory with dozens of instruments. It appears to be at least 50' across, but you can't tell how wide it is. The voice Ur and Darrian can hear is out of view to one side in the lab.

Darrian is just inside the hallway. Ur is beside the door, the rest are wherever they want to be in the lobby 10-20' from the door.

I rolled Init using what was listed on your sheets to save time:
Darrian 25
Ur 22
Gerard 21
Tutek 17
**Badguy 16**
Mei Ying 10
Braham 7
Sorry bout the nat 1's Kinem and Shayuri.
Also kindof amusing that the two who get to post in the surprise round due to hearing the guy also got the highest initiatives..

Anyways, Darrian and Ur each get a surprise action.

I dont think either of you can make it the 100' to get INTO the lab during your surprise round, and if you DO have something that can do it, I'm going to ask that you don't use it at this time, please. At the end of the surprise round, the following happens:

A nearly 7 foot tall pale-skinned Orc in vicious looking armoured robes enters the hallway from the lab, looking at the group standing in the lobby a hundred feet away *And/or Ur if he enters the hallway*
wowa343p52YkU0S45.jpg

"The Illithid's information is ours now, You should have left when you had a chance." his hands begin to glow with flame.

OOC:
First off, no none of you recognize him. He appears just inside the other end of the hallway, movement was his 'surprise' round. If anybody has any knowledge skills they think would be appropriate to identify him, feel free to roll on Invisiblecastle and link.
After he appears, top of initiative, so Darrian, Ur, Gerard, and Tutek feel free to post your actions in whatever order you wish, then I'll update for his turn.

Remove ads