• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gargamel vs. the Smurfs

William Ronald

Explorer
Welcome to the boards, DK!

One gaming group I was with had a long running joke about grabbing a smurf, firing it into a monster's mouth, and have it make a save versus disgust. (Or course, being required to make a fort save to avoid a massive sugar rush, that could stun a foe might be the way to handle this in D&D 3.5. Now, THAT would be an embarassing death for a dragon -- killed by a smurf used as a poisonous, sugary-sweet slingstone.) ;)

Last edited:

EvilBen

First Post
Edible Smurfs

I once did a sketch in one of my HS notebooks that had little Smurfs all tied up on a conveyor belt going into the left side of a machine that had a shoot on the front dumping little Smurf arms, legs and heads into a trash bucket, and coming out the right side on another conveyor belt were bags of Smurf Marshmallows...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I once submitted a College Essay on the Inter- and Intra- species compatition in the smurf ecological system. :) - solid A, but I knew the teacher had a good sense of humor.

I did have to assume to that there were more than 2 female smurfs. Azreal was the archtype of the inefficent predator (who has no effect on reducing smurf popluation)

How obvious are you going to play it? changing the names would allow the joke to play longer.

Prince Atom

Explorer
So... besides Smurfette, who was the other gal? I only ever knew of Smurfette, whom Gargamel created as bait for the Smurfs (because, even though they're tiny and blue, they're still lonely, darn it!)

TWK

Diremede

First Post
The Whiner Knight said:
So... besides Smurfette, who was the other gal? I only ever knew of Smurfette, whom Gargamel created as bait for the Smurfs (because, even though they're tiny and blue, they're still lonely, darn it!)

TWK

Well in later shows there was sassette smurf who was one of the smurflings, but other than that I can't think of any other female smurfs.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Whiner Knight said:
So... besides Smurfette, who was the other gal?
TWK

Wiki foo!

Sassette, a young girl Smurf. She is a redhead with braided hair and wears pink overalls. She was originally magically created like the Smurfette, but by the three kid Smurfs instead of by Gargamel. The three kid Smurfs felt sorry for Smurfette who was lonely as being the sole female in the village, so they broke into Gargamel's mansion and stole the magical recipe book that provided the origin of Smurfette's creation. They then created Sassette from it.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
I once submitted a College Essay on the Inter- and Intra- species compatition in the smurf ecological system. :) - solid A, but I knew the teacher had a good sense of humor.

I did have to assume to that there were more than 2 female smurfs. Azreal was the archtype of the inefficent predator (who has no effect on reducing smurf popluation)

How obvious are you going to play it? changing the names would allow the joke to play longer.
You wouldn't happen to still have that essay anywhere, would you? I love reading that sort of thing.

Diremede

First Post
I do have one question though, are your grigs going to spend most of their time picking grigberries, and is their going to be a grumpy grig?? :lol:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Evilhalfling said:
Not very. Only if anyone plays a kobold NPC, for whom the Gargamel wizard is a patron, will the characters have any idea as to his motivations. Otherwise, good-aligned player characters will just see a midlevel wizard stomping around through the forest, refusing to tell them what's going on. If a grig came to a hero for help, they'd have to verify the claims of a known race of prankster fey, which the wizard will, of course, deny. The wizard is also an adventurer and something of a hermit, so it won't be a 24/7 grig hunt.

I'm definitely going to add grigberries to the wood, though!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads