Gary Gygax's The Hermit kickstarter is almost over!

How similar is C&C to AD&D? I guess what I’m wondering is how useful would this be if I have no intentions to ever run C&C since I already have my plate full of games to run.

I’ll probably back for a PDF at least to read.

Retreater

Legend
How similar is C&C to AD&D? I guess what I’m wondering is how useful would this be if I have no intentions to ever run C&C since I already have my plate full of games to run.

You should be able to swap the ACs to descending. Otherwise the power level shouldn't be too off.
I have a friend running AD&D adventures with C&C with minimal, on the fly modifications. Should work in the other direction too.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi

It’s more like 5E with some differences. Saves and skills are used differently and no death saves etc. almost sort of a streamlined 5E but not as far as Shadowdark goes. If I recall correctly.

You can download the full rules for free off of their site, I believe

Retreater

Legend
I'm still on the fence about backing. I wasn't impressed with the previous Gygax publication they released (Castle Yggsburgh). It was boring, if I'm going to be honest.
Currently I'm looking at reviews from the last print run of this one to see if it is more imaginative and inspiring than the rather bland Yggsburgh.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It’s more like 5E with some differences. Saves and skills are used differently and no death saves etc. almost sort of a streamlined 5E but not as far as Shadowdark goes. If I recall correctly.

You can download the full rules for free off of their site, I believe
Well, technically, a streamlined 3E adapting a lot of AD,D-isms...which tracks real tightly with 5E as a result.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I'm still on the fence about backing. I wasn't impressed with the previous Gygax publication they released (Castle Yggsburgh). It was boring, if I'm going to be honest.
Currently I'm looking at reviews from the last print run of this one to see if it is more imaginative and inspiring than the rather bland Yggsburgh.

Yeah Yggsburgh was just a city with adventure ideas dropped in. This is an actual adventure.

aramis erak

Legend

Same classes, same attributes, same HP and damages, but the actual underlying math is significantly different. Most have no issues crossing from AD&D 1E to C&C.
If you don't plan to run C&C, the monsters are stat block compatible with AD&D 1E (not quite 2E). Thus the adventures can be used only needing AC flipped.

Remove ads