Gathered Nifftyness

Drowbane

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Yeah, the Drowbane needs better (more effective and cooler) evilness. Ha! ;)

*Bookmarked for good stuff.

Its true, my Evil-fu is weaksauce. I've yet to turn on and devour my party!

:lol:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Drowbane said:
Its true, my Evil-fu is weaksauce. I've yet to turn on and devour my party!
What's your build? Are you using any of the BoVD stuff? I've mostly used it from the DM's side of the screen, so feedback from PC play is appreciated. :)

Thanks, -- N

Drowbane

First Post
Nifft said:
What's your build? Are you using any of the BoVD stuff? I've mostly used it from the DM's side of the screen, so feedback from PC play is appreciated. :)

Thanks, -- N

We're playing High-powered Gestalt (that is, you can take LA stuff on either side of your gestalt instead of it taking a full level). We started at Gestalt 12th.

My original concept for Maligant was to be a Vampire who gains the Lich template through the Death Master base class from DCv1. We had switched the DM's caster to Cha Based and expanded his Spells to just about anything Necromancy and a few others that "just make sense". Unliving Weapon (BoVD), for example, was used on a regular basis.

After a session or two I noticed that just about everybody else in the party had made builds who with illegal use of templates (ignorign Type restrictions), so I made a request to the DM to rebuild with that in mind.

Current Build in brief: Unique Undead Elven Sorc 5 / Ur Priest 2 / Mystic Theurge 8. Maligant's primary shtick is that he has an Army of Undead, and a ton of powerful Minions at his fingertips. I try to wheel out a different Minion to showcase every few sessions.

His primary Minion, Arinthalas (who he is actually the Thrall of), is a Ghost (5) Master of the Unseen Hand 5 / Fiend of Possession 6 (slightly altered to be an Uber-Ghost PrC) | Wilder 7 / Thrall Herd 9.

We're playing through the Quicksilver Hourglass (level 30 Dungeon Module) currently. In session one, we lost a PC to a Crawling Head, and in Session Two Maligant almost got "slain" by an Advanced Barbed Devil. At the end of Session Two, Maligant used a Maximized Shivering Touch to drop the Uber-Fiendish-Dragon in the Bouncy Ball Room. After a short discussion amongst the group (initiated by me), we agreed to throw Shivering Touch out of the game and retcon the fight... just wasn't satisfying for anybody. So Maligant tossed out a pair of Harm spells... and is currently Adjacent to a pissed off Uber-Dragon for the start of Round 3. :p

Maligant is a Skull Lord of Orcus (title only), but I suppose I could start giving some of his Minions some BoVD classes.

edit: For what its worth, Maligant as an individual is far weaker than just about anybody else in the party. At least, thats the group's consensus. Hehe.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Drowbane said:
We're playing High-powered Gestalt (that is, you can take LA stuff on either side of your gestalt instead of it taking a full level).
Wow, yeah. There's not much I can do to compete with cheese of that magnitude.

Start a thread with your dude all stat'd out over in Rules or Rogue's Gallery, though, and I'll be happy to pimp your build. :)

Cheers, -- N

Drowbane

First Post
I don't see any threads connecting to your Bo9S stuff (or was that Hong?)!

Nifft said:
Wow, yeah. There's not much I can do to compete with cheese of that magnitude.

Start a thread with your dude all stat'd out over in Rules or Rogue's Gallery, though, and I'll be happy to pimp your build. :)

Cheers, -- N

Maligant is already pretty loaded with cheese. I fully expect him to own this CR 30ish Dragon who just got up in his face.

Any obscure tricks having to do with Necromancy or Demon-worship-types would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Remove ads