• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

gauntlets +5 to hide and move silently

AZNtrogdor

First Post
Is there any gauntlets that give its wearer a +5 hide and +5 move silently? Where can I find them? How much do they cost? If there is no such thing, how much would they cost?

-Much appreciated

Assuming there is no such thing ...

+5 Competence to Move Silently: 5 * 5 * 100gp = 2,500gp
+5 Competence to Hide (Secondary Ability): 5 * 5 * 100gp * 1.5 = 3,750gp

Subtotal: 6,250gp

Irregular Item Slot = 6,250gp * 1.5 = 9,275gp

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
Gauntlets are a 'slot" tied to destructive capability, so if they were allowed by the DM, the price would go up 50%.

Gloves of Dexterity would give a bonus to hide and move silently. I don't see why a boost to dex based skills would pay a 50% premium if a boost to dex doesn't.

frankthedm

First Post
Cheiromancer said:
Gloves of Dexterity would give a bonus to hide and move silently. I don't see why a boost to dex based skills would pay a 50% premium if a boost to dex doesn't.
Glove slot is tied to quickness in the item slot affinities, thus that is the stat the dex enhancer is in. Movement is not tied to gloves or gauntlets.

Dross

Explorer
AZNtrogdor said:
much appreciated, I hate when the PC try crafting items without alerting the DM first

Have the player price the item out ("write it down, i'm not going to remember all those calculations and reasons later"), showing the calculations and reasons why the item coasts more or less $$$.

Allow the item, but warn the player that you will be looking at the calculations between games and adjusting the price accordingly. Also make sure that the player knows how you make decisions regarding things like spells in rings (the dreaded "Ring of True Striking costing 2,000gp v 400,000gp).

It is what I did, and it also allowed for arguments to be fought outside of game time. ;)

Remove ads