• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geeking out today with the geek motherload!

Ahzad

Explorer
okay so i'm totally stoked and excited my geek meter is redlining, and i have to share with some other geeks who will appreciate this. i manage a comic/game store, not a lot of games anymore since we had a full line game store open up so we scaled back to the comics side of it, but still keep a small selection.

anyway today I had a guy walk in with a small box and i thought someone with some more comics to try and sell, but boy was i wrong turns out he had something much cooler to sell me. the original white box set of d&d (with the reference sheets) , w/ the greyhawk, blackmoor, eldritch wizardry, & gods demi-gods & heroes supplements & it came with dice & a catalog for the dungeon hobby shop! It was even in it's original shipping box from TSR. this stuff has never even been played with the spines are still stiff, the whites are still bright. he said some friends and him had gotten into D&D and so he bought his own stuff, but when it came he had already found his first job, and the group of friends had drifted away from the game already so it went on a shelf in the closet where it's been for the last 30 odd years. The best part is that the guy only wanted $75 for it even after I told him what it was valued at!

Attachments

• D&D.jpg
    D&D.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 274

Ahzad

Explorer
If it was any other day then today I would have believed it.
but not today.

i've been calling all my buddies to tell them and they are having the same reaction as you are. stupid april fool's day getting in the way of my geeking out.
i've never had this stuff before i started playing with the red box set, so it's kind of cool to check this stuff out.

darjr

I crit!
Cool on ya!

but video with you flipping through the books and talking about it might go further as some sort of proof.

and be pretty cool to boot.

Ahzad

Explorer
Cool on ya!

but video with you flipping through the books and talking about it might go further as some sort of proof.

and be pretty cool to boot.

i got me a crappy phone, but i'll try to accommodate you :D

so i shot a crappy video of me at the store opening up and flipping through the stuff that i got today.

Attachments

• D&DOriginalStuff.rar
    436.7 KB · Views: 94

darjr

I crit!
har har, just kidding.

I didn't expect you to go to that trouble but it looks real enough to me.

Note that a .rar on april 1 from a stranger tripps alarms, ya know?

Remove ads