D&D 5E Gem of Your Collection

This topic is a little generic RPG, but I'll throw it in with the D&D conversation as I imagine most of the items will be D&D specific.

What's the coolest thing in your D&D/RPG collection? What do you have the fondest memories of?

We're all geeks here. This is one of the few places we can really show off our collections and have our rarities appreciated. It's not like Antiques Roadshow will understand the value of the White Box, some old RPGA modules, or Palace of the Silver Princess.

Probably my Dark Sun and Planescape boxed sets. Those are two fantastic campaign settings, and the boxes managed to hold a lot of market value as the years passed by.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Probably my Holmes basic set still in shrinkrap (I do have one that is used as well, so everyone settle down about me "wasting" a game)

DDbasicsets.jpg

Probably my Holmes basic set still in shrinkrap (I do have one that is used as well, so everyone settle down about me "wasting" a game)
As long as it's bringing you enjoyment I don't think it's possible to "waste" a gaming product.

Well, mostly. I turned a 1e DMG into an iPad case. So what do I know?

Authweight

First Post
I love my 4e threats to the nentir vale monster vault. A book with the best-designed monsters they ever made for 4e, organized by faction/group rather than by creature type, along with punch-out tokens for every single creature in the book (including many multiples for group creatures). Probably the single best-produced rpg product I've ever purchased

Imperialus

Explorer
It's a tie for two. The obvious one is the whitebox in NM condition with supplements and chainmail. It's only a 6th printing though so not insanely rare.

Most unique is my copy of The East Mark Gazetter by Troll Lord Games. Unique in that it is signed and numbered by Gygax and probably one of the last things he wrote before he passed away. That's rarer than the whitebox by an order of magnitude.

Attachments

• 2015-01-02 12.31.16.jpg
    2015-01-02 12.31.16.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 477
  • 2015-01-02 12.32.05.jpg
    2015-01-02 12.32.05.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 477
Last edited:

soulcatcher78

First Post
Castle Zagyg the Upper Works (poor box got destroyed) along with the East Mark Gazetteer in Shrink. Leaving the Gazetteer in shrink is easy since the material is reproduced in the boxed set :)

Attachments

• 20150102_142232.jpeg
    20150102_142232.jpeg
    924.8 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

Mirtek

Hero
I have "Gruft des Grauens" signed by Gary Gygax.

That's a german printing of Tomb of Horrors of which 1,000 were made and signed by Gary for a special German gaming convention (which unfortunately is no longer held). Mine is 405/1000

Remove ads