• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con Acquisition Group Revealed

RefinedBean

First Post
Despite the claim that this was not really a legit offer, it sure looks like it was (and still is), and that the outright dismissal was probably a bit hasty and unwise.

And according to the article, Gallela has been in fairly close contact with Swartout and Adkison, which puts the dismissal even more in question. Hrm.

I hope everything works out. I'm still planning on going. ;)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I'm now glad that Gen Con dissmissed the offer. Gallela may be a nice guy, but given the track record of Origins I would hate to see Gen Con managed the same way. For whatever faults Gen Con may have, it is still run way better than Origins. Of course I will still attend and run events at both.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Was the very public dismissal just a salvo to try and stave off a hostile takeover that will continue to press forward?

justanobody

Banned
Banned
George Lucas seemed to buy the offer because it was the reason that the suit was dropped or something wasn't it?

So the courts could still decide the offer viable and acceptable to settle the debtors.

darjr

I crit!
George Lucas seemed to buy the offer because it was the reason that the suit was dropped or something wasn't it?

ICv2 and/or the dice blog has more info on that, and I don't think that was it. I thought so to at once, but I think it was the plan put together by GenCon management that convinced them to back off.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
ICv2 and/or the dice blog has more info on that, and I don't think that was it. I thought so to at once, but I think it was the plan put together by GenCon management that convinced them to back off.

Must have been due to the timing of the events then. IIRC the GAG submitted the offer a day or two prior to Lucas dropping or settling the suit figuring that the money would be soon coming as well another agreement.

I still think GAG has a chance to take it with the judge decision on the whole bankruptcy affair.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Was the very public dismissal just a salvo to try and stave off a hostile takeover that will continue to press forward?

That's how I read it when it first came out, before we knew who was behind the Gen Con Acquisition Group.

frankthedm

First Post
I don't know the laws regarding this, but is it possible GAMA Anthony Gallela made that offer in hopes of a judge later on forcing GenCon to accept the offer to pay debts?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads