• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GEN CON and the Indianapolis Area

IndySteve

First Post
Ashy: Yes, if you are coming up I-65, you shouldn't have any problems with traffic.

The Westin is a VERY nice hotel! They do have on-site parking, but there is a daily charge of $16.00. There is also a Shula's Steakhouse and Starbucks inside the hotel.

The Rathskeller is not in a basement, it is accessed from the street level, but it is on the east side of downtown and so is a bit of a hike from the convention center, 6 blocks north and another 6 blocks east.

aurellius

First Post
Billy and HellHound:

Gentlemans club list emailed to Billy...
Grandma rule wont let me post an alias html tag...

I am also an Indy resident of 10 years.

Piratecat:

My basement is not drafty but kinda cool :)

Though i might have a spare bedroom avail though i am about 15 min from the center door to door.

Marcus

Last edited:

johncolossus

First Post
Great idea!

I am flying in to Indy's main airport and have ahotel next to convention centre (?hilton i believe....one of the ones from the official gencon hotel service). How easy is it to get from airport to hotel? Is it just a taxi and how much?

Also as I am english, what is the usual tip rate where you live because I know it is very much more the norm than in the uk to give tips.

Also (sorry for questions) this is my first gencon and am on holiday in new york with a 2 day trip over to indy for the convention. I will have about 1 1/2 days in gen con from thursday onwards. What do you advise I should to maximise my time etc there? Will the trade hall take most of the day? Is it easy to get into demo games? Any advice will be very gratefully received.

Final thing, what is the weather generally like? How hot?

Cheers for the answers. Hopefully should be good.

Remove ads